There is a time for seriousness and a time for silliness... for the first, expect not much laughter.
See also Drama Tropes.
- All Elections Are Serious Business
- The Comically Serious: Stop trying to attract comedy around me! I'm really serious!
- Consummate Professional
- Dead Serious
- Dude, Not Funny!: That's very offensive and not humorous in the slightest!
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling: How I wish my brother/sister would stop goofing around and be more responsible like me.
- Hates Small Talk
- Immune to Slapstick: I won't get involved in these childish slapstick antics!
- Let's Get Dangerous!: Enough with the jokes! Time to show I really mean business!
- Maturity Is Serious Business
- Mundane Made Awesome
- My God, You Are Serious
- No Sense of Humor: It's not funny! I don't know why anyone's laugh!
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: Yeah, you're all very surprised I'm not myself, huh?!
- Rule of Drama
- Serious Business
- Shoo Out the Clowns
- Sleep-Mode Size: Or rather, when that particular creature does not look cute and cuddly in a scene.
- Sliding Scale of Silliness vs. Seriousness: When it's hard on the "Serious" end.
- Technician vs. Performer: The technician is the serious one.
- Wacky Parent, Serious Child: *sigh* Sometimes, I feel more like an adult than my goofy parents!
- Wham Episode
- You Called Me "X"; It Must Be Serious