There is a time for seriousness and no time for silliness... for the first, expect not much laughter.
See also Drama Tropes.
- All Elections Are Serious Business: If you want to be elected as president, you need to take it seriously! Stop fooling around if you want to win the election!
- The Comically Serious: Stop trying to attract comedy around me! I'm really serious!
- Consummate Professional: I take my position as a professional very seriously!
- Dancing Is Serious Business: I treat dancing more seriously than you do!
- Dead Serious: It's no laughing matter when someone is killed.
- Dude, Not Funny!: That's very offensive and not humorous in the slightest!
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling: How I wish my brother/sister would stop goofing around and be more responsible like me.
- Hates Small Talk: I'm too serious to have time for pointless chattering.
- Immune to Slapstick: I won't get involved in these childish slapstick antics!
- Let's Get Dangerous!: Enough with the jokes! Time to show I really mean business!
- Maturity Is Serious Business: When you grow up, that's when you know I'm serious.
- Mundane Made Awesome: How on earth do you even make such a serious task so impossibly exciting?!
- My God, You Are Serious: I really do mean it! So you can stop laughing now!
- No Sense of Humor: It's not funny! I don't know why anyone's laughing!
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: Yeah, you're all very surprised I'm not myself, huh?! Well this is VERY serious!
- Rule of Drama: No one will be invested in the story if there's so much silliness around.
- Serious Business: There are some things that I take very seriously.
- Shoo Out the Clowns: The plot is getting too serious for you goofballs to stick around.
- Sleep-Mode Size: Or rather, when that particular creature does not look cute and cuddly in a scene.
- Sliding Scale of Silliness vs. Seriousness: When it's hard on the "Serious" end.
- Technician vs. Performer: The technician is the serious one.
- Wacky Parent, Serious Child: You know, sometimes, I feel more like an adult than my goofy parents!
- Wham Episode: Whoa! This episode is so serious it's shocking!
- Wham Line: Man, that single line of dialogue completely makes everything more serious.
- You Called Me "X"; It Must Be Serious: Somebody called me for something! It has to be serious!
This is the end of the index! So stop making jokes and end this correctly!