A simple Title Trope where: A noun / is something referred to as / a word. Usually the referring word is "Called" or "Named".
Not to be confused with titles such as "The Boy Who Cried Wolf". In that example, the boy is not referred to as "Wolf".
- The Authority had a five-issue series called "A Man called Kev"
- A UK comic strip parodying Westerns had the title A Man Called Horace.
- A Boy Called Boris
- A Boy Called Dad
- A Boy Called Hate
- Boy Called Twist
- A Fish Called Wanda
- A Girl Named Sooner
- A Girl Named Tamiko
- A Girl Called Jules
- A Girl Called Malala
- A Girl Called Rosemary
- A Man Called Horse, and its similarly-named sequel The Return of A Man Called Horse
- A Place Called Home
- A Place Called Pluto
- A Woman Called Golda
- A Child Called "It", and its follow-up A Man Named Dave
- A Man Called Ove
- A Place Called Freedom By Ken Follett
- A Place Called Here by Cecelia Ahern
- A Place Called Ugly by Avi
- "A Boy Named Sue" Performed by Johnny Cash, written by Shel Silverstein.
- A Kid Named Cudi
- "Town Called Malice" by The Jam