In this brutal world in which the Axis powers won World War II, these masterminds undermine Nazi and Japanese dominance over Eurasia from within and without using ingenuity and charisma, rather than military prowess.
- Svetlana Bukharina is the daughter of Soviet leader Nikolai Bukharin. Seeing the ruin and devastation that has befallen Russia following the Nazi victories in World War II and the West Russian War, Bukharina joins the Communist Party of Komi, vowing to rebuild the Soviet Union as a nation truly living up to the ideals for which it was founded upon. As a member of the Communist Party of Komi, Bukharina uses her persuasive talents to gain the trust of labor leaders, eventually rising up the ranks of the Communist Party and potentially launching a coup against the leadership of Komi through a labour strike. If she succeeds in taking power, she persuades Yuri Andropov to defect to her side from Mikhail Suslov's faction of the Communists, and use the information he gathered on her political opponents to launch a purge against them, leading to them being permanently ostracized or even assassinated. After reunifying West Russia, Bukharina creates a new, socially progressive Soviet Union enshrining rights for women and homosexuals, along with guaranteeing democratic powers for worker councils. Persuasive, yet ruthless in pursuing her goals, Bukharina will take any action necessary to protect the Soviets from all counter-revolutionary threats.
- Mitchell WerBell III is a mercenary tasked by Russian Fascist leader Anastasy Vonsiatsky to fight for Mikhail Matkovsky's faction of the Russian Fascist Party against Konstantin Rodzaevsky's pro-Nazi faction. Upon Vonsiatsky's death, WerBell and his men, finding themselves without a job, and with no money to get home, will attempt a coup against Matkovsky. If sucessful, they will attack Rodzaevsky on their own, and then attempt to conquer the far east to expolit it's diamond mines. With control secured and some men sent home, he will remain behind to bring American style governance to Russia. In order to properly govern, he relies on rehabilitated Nazis and Communists to enforce order, while governing through a mix of repression and populism. Internationally, he will open Siberia to US ties and corporate investments, or develop it's economy into a war machine and use Siberia as a staging ground for mercenaries to intervene in conflict zones worldwide. Despite his autocratic and rather anarchronistic methods of governing, WerBell genuinely believes that his methods are necessary for building a strong and prosperous Russia modeled in the image of the United States to be one day governed again by Russians in the future.
- Dai Li was the leader of head of Chiang Kai-shek's Military Intelligence Service before Japan's victory in Asia. Following the final orders of Chiang Kai-Shek to resist Japanese occupation, Dai Li formed the Loyal and Patriotic Army, waging a successful guerilla war for a decade weakening the Japanese occupation forces. Upon finding ways to weaken the Imperial Japanese Army more effectively from within, Dai Li and his allies created fake correspondence between resistance leaders and Japanese officials to cause the Imperial Japanese Army to relentlessly purge itself, letting the Chinese resistance grow unchecked. Despite dying before he could liberate China, Dai Li's efforts to destabilize Japan struck fear into the hearts of Japanese leaders, with an attempt by radical elements of the Japanese government to appropriate his machinations to seize power for themselves throwing Japanese society into total chaos, just as Dai Li intended.
- Miletiy Zykov is Andrey Vlasov's chief propagandist within the Russian Liberation Army (ROA). Seeking to realize the ideals of the February Revolution, Zykov will seek to end to instill democratic values within the ROA. If chosen as Vlasov's successor, he will utilize underhanded ways to consolidate power such as utilizing Mikhail Oktan's smuggling operations to gain weapons and supplies from the Nazis to provide for officers and civilians, while undermining Oktan's operations from within. In reunifying West Russia, Zykov will utilize brilliant tactics such as sabotaging Gorky's tanks before attacking. Upon ascending to power as the leader of the ROA following Vlasov's death, Zykov will use a failed uprising against him as a pretext for purging Oktan. He will then cut ties with the Nazis and democratize western Russia, but use tactics such as gerrymandering and backroom deals to ensure the ROA remains on top. Regardless of his how genuine his commitment to democracy is, Zykov works hard to overcome the image of the ROA as traitors, and to provide a good quality of life for his populace, with his policies reversing the more egregious repression carried out by the ROA on the populace, while building infrastructure, schools and a social safety net for Russians and significantly expanding their rights and freedoms.
- Margaret Thatcher is a politician within the British Royal Party installed by the Nazis as the dominant political party in Britain following their victory in World War II. Emerging as of Alec Douglas-Home's sucessor for the leadership of the Royal Party if they were to win the English Civil War, Thatcher would seek to make Britain into a superpower capable of standing up to both the Nazis and the Americans. Upon taking power, she would establish ties with both the OFN and the Unity-Pakt with the goal of using these ties to strengthen Britain's military, while liberalizing the British economy through privatization. Politically, she will consolidate power by turning both the elites and the lower class against the establishment, while sacking Old Guard politicians in favor of younger politicians subservient to her. Upon winning a second term, she will further privatize the economy and ban labor unions, while preventing labor unrest through anti-corruption and social safety legislation. Eventually, she will erode democracy and rule as dictator in all but name. Playing both the British political establishment and the great powers as a fiddle, Thatcher's machinations, as revealed in the canon outcome of the English Civil War, both cement her as the unquestioned ruler of Britain and allows it a measure of independence from both blocs in the Cold War.
- Reichskommissar Wolfgang Schenck is the Nazi Commander in charge of Reichskommissariat Südwestafrika. Faced with guilt over war crimes carried out in consolidating Nazi rule over Africa, Schenck vows to bring down Südwestafrika from within. To that end, he develops Südwestafrika's industry and infrastructure, sending only a minimal amount of the revenue to Germania but using most of it to improve Angolan living standards, as well as arming Angolan rebels against Nazi rule. When the South African War stars, Schenck frees his political prisoners and gets in contact with the CIA, allowing them to sabotage key industries critical to the Nazi war effort. Becoming aware that the US seeks to control Africa for itself, Schenck deliberately leaks information on several CIA agents, so the Angolan resistance is ready to fight for their freedom against both the Nazis and the Americans. While his initial efforts at securing an independent Angola and Nambia are ultimately crushed, his efforts allow for Angola to easily assert her independence once foreign rule in Africa finally collapses.
- Helmut Schmidt is Albert Speer's foreign minister, and a member of the Gang of Four seeking to change the Reich from within. Upon Speer's victory in the Civil War, Schmidt will seek to stalemate the South African War to work out a deal favorable to future diplomatic ties with the US. After Speer has dealt with initial threats to his rule, Schmidt launches a global diplomatic offensive convincing the world of the sincerity of German reforms, while seeking to broker a deal with Poland; making necessary compromises to both sides to admit Poland into the Unity-Pakt. As foreign minister, Schmidt will reestablish ties with Italy, while also securing detente during the US and strengthening German power on the world stage. When the Reichsbanner rebellion unfolds, Schmidt, if sent alone to negotiate, will agree to all of the rebels demands, opening the opportunity for democracy in the Reich. When Schmidt returns to Germany, he sucessfully launches a coup against Speer's rule, reducing the latter to a puppet and laying the foundations for the gradual dismantlement of Nazism. With Nazi power waning, Schmidt and the Gang of Four establish a pro democratic alliance in Germany, as well as a global organization to maintain world peace and confront Himmler's machinations.