Ze Pyromancers is a YouTube team that primarily dabbles in Garry's Mod Machinima. Their primary videos are part of their Pyromancer Misadventures Series, in which the team's Author Avatars go about their days in various hijinks. From playing baseball, to escaping an underground cave they were trapped in, to battling the evil forces of the Necronomicon. Each one also has a weapon and power, as well as a model based around a specific character.
In addition, they have a smaller series called, Pyromancer Shenanigans which contains some members of the team doing live commentary while playing games together, usually as filler until the next animation comes out.
They can be found here
Has a Characters page.
The current members of Ze Pyromancers include:
- Akuago220, or Aku. One of the founding members of Ze Pyromancers, his model is that of Fox McCloud dressed in green and gold and wearing the TF2 Wiki Hat. His element is Nature and he uses a golden version of Fox's Blaster. He is the easily annoyed and hard-nosed co-leader of the team, but isn't afraid to go along with his friend's antics usually.
- Mellotaku, or Mello. The other founding member of Ze Pyromancers, his model is that of a geth rocketrooper wearing a white Stetson. His element is Fire and he uses Moesashi, which is the Monado but colored black and with the ability to emit fire, and twin pistols named Love and Hate. He is the other co-leader of the team, but is far less authoritative and high strung than Aku and and such usually lets him take care of the more extreme issues.
- Electricstar, or Star. Arguably the most active of the group, his model is a modified version of the BLU Scout wearing blue bandages, a blue coat, a blue hat, and odd blue goggles. His element is Electricity and he uses a morphing weapon called Tesura which morphs between The Spy's Diamondback as a ranged weapon and The Scout's Three-Rune Blade as a melee weapon. Star is the team's coordinator, in charge of attempting to get the group's name out via advertisements and finding new members to add to the group. Easily the most cynical and snarky of the group, Star rarely looks on the positive side and is rarely without a snide remark at the current event's expense.
- LightBrawler, or Light. A swordsman who uses the model of Marth modified to have lighter hair. His element is Light and he uses Marth's Falchion and light based magic called Light Matter. He's a low-key second in command to the team, which is lucky for him as Aku and Mello are rarely both away at any given time.
- TheNeverendingTwilight, or T.N.T. One of the group's more mysterious members, TNT uses the model of Lucario. His element is Ice and he uses a sword called Noreaster which freezes anything the blade touches, as well as A holy mackerel which can morph into his home: a box that's bigger on the inside than it is on the outside. He is supposedly a master thief, so good in fact that not even the viewers know this for certain.
- Shugou. The group's mascot, Shugou uses the model of a Pachirisu that wears a blue helmet with a red stripe and white stars. His element is Wind and his weapon of choice is The Beggar's Bazooka
- Ryo Kamezdov, or Ryo, or The Orange Cyclone, or Turtle. The team's oldest member, and their punching bag, Ryo uses the model of A Koopa Troopa with an orange shell and wearing A samurai's kabuto. His element is water, and his weapons are Kodachi Swords named Suijin and Ryujin, though his shell works as one too.
- LE-The-Creator, or just LE. The team's craziest member, LE uses the model of the BLU Engineer. His element is Metal (and also Toast), and his weapons are the Toastbuster, the Bread of Champions, and the Big Ol' Maul.
- Sacrificial_Bella, or Bella. The team's first/currently only female. She was once a smasher like half of the team and changed form willingly upon moving to the new universe they now all reside in. She caught wind of the group after the events of Spark of friendship and wanted to get in touch with them... but she got tied up with fixing her cotton candy machine while hiding in the team's attic for an untold amount of time. After everything was squared off (and she quit her job due to the companies incompetence at preventing a bunch of Porygons from bank account hijacking) she officially joined her team. Her element is Lunar, which gives her access to a special "Lunar Magic", perfect for entertaining or helping the team.
- JCTheAllStar, or JC. The team's youngest member by several years. Much like Star, he represents himself with a Scout model but with a white-and-blue color motif. He and Richto both developed an interest in the gang of misfits which eventually lead to them joining the crew. His element is Aether and his weapons are A large warhammer and a large shotgun
- Richtofen115, or Richto. A scientifically minded RED Demoman donning a sash, a kilt, white shutter shades, and a top hat with a rocket impaling it. His element is darkness and his weapon is an unnamed claymore. He is the one who ordered JC to meet Ze Pyromancers and gather information on them, which lead to the both of them joining the team.
- Nightblader or Night. One of the original members of the team, but left not too long after its foundation; many years later he was captured by Saphyyne, leader of the Smasher Purification Order. After Aku and fellow Smasher Blaze broke him out of her prison, he willing used a Smash Coin and permanently transformed into a red pony with glasses and facial hair. However, the Smash Coin was damaged at some point, causing it to become unstable; this resulted in giving Night a second new form, that of a human. He can shapeshift between the two forms at will. His element is Mana, and he uses a shiny blue sword whilst in human form.
Ze Pyromancers provides examples of:
- Aerith and Bob: The team members have names ranging from Akuago and Shugou to Garth and Bella.
- Alliterative Title: Most of the Misadventures fall under this trope, such as:
- Ragtag Rumble, Apparitious Armory,
- Preoccupation Procrastination
- All of the Other Reindeer: It's mentioned a few times that the guys aren't too well liked by the Critopolis citizens and/or have a history of being abused. Star is likely the worst out of all this, being the most prominent untrusting Deadpan Snarker and Misanthrope Supreme of the team.
- All There in the Manual: At first, most of the content regarding "Smashers" and "Former Smashers" could be found on Aku's Youtube channel rather than the team's. It wasn't until mid-2019 that those videos made it sway to Ze Pyromancer's channel.
- Art Shift: Often times, several of the teams' animators will be making different scenes for one video resulting in this.
- Author Appeal: You can tell whose animating what by these.
- Batman Can Breathe in Space: Both a lampshading and a shout out to this trope happens simultaneously in "Underground Rapture 3"Light: You're just lucky that we can somehow breathe in space...
Max: I can breathe in spa—
Aku: WE KNOW!
- Bilingual Bonus: At the end of Aggrandized Augmentations, the message "we own nothing" is actually used in Binary. Binary was also used in Apparitious Armory, in a close up of Mello's eye, that says "No sir, not getting out of this chair" a Shout-Out to Courage the Cowardly Dog
- Couch Gag: Every misadventure/mini-venture has a unique intro having something to do with their logo. Also the credits always state something about how/why they don't own anything.
- Elemental Powers: The whole team has one.
- Freeze-Frame Bonus: Quite a few of them, most being Shout-Outs
- Mundane Made Awesome: According to "Furniture Failure", the guys can't get new furniture without a "crazy item-get montage."
- No Animals Were Harmed:
- During the credits of "A Familiar Feeling", it says that No Pacharisu's were harmed in the making of the misadventure, although Shugou did need some therapy.
- Also parodied in "Necronomicon Nightmare" saying that "No Engineers, Koopas, Marths, or Scouts were harmed during the making of this video... although they did have an odd craving for French bread afterwards... and Star was diagnosed with Insomnia for animating this whole thing by himself..."
- Non-Indicative Name: With the exception of Mello, none of the members of the group can actually use fire. In fact, each one of them uses another element instead.
- Noodle Incident: Apparently Max, an Evil Former Friend got in a feud with Ra, the Egyptian God of the Sun, and now the two are no longer on speaking terms.
- Previously On : An entire episode was dedicated to lampshading this trope, right down to the same name.
- Ragtag Bunch of Misfits: The team is frequently referred to as such.
- Shout-Out: Several in different episodes
- Spot the Imposter: Also lampshaded during "Previously On" where TNT has to find out who the real Aku is: Aku, or Star.
- The Stinger: Most Misadventures have this after the credits, usually a small and humorous tidbit.
- Stuff Blowing Up: A lot of things that shouldn't be explosive in the Pyromancer universe are. From piano playing Pyros, to Max, to the Earth itself having been detonated at least once.
- Talking Animal: Just about every Pokemon that appears in this series can talk like a human, to the point where 3 members and 2 pets of the members are talking Pokemon; lampshaded in "Key Rules 2". It's explained that Bella Was Once a Man from another universe who willingly transformed into a Pokemon and Joltik learned how to talk like a human, ostracizing him from his family; Tnt, Cheesecake, and Shugou have no real explanation.
- Whole Episode Flashback: "Misfitting Milestone".
- Wraparound Background: Lampshaded and played with in "The Mystery Misfits" where Aku takes note of the repeating background... only to reveal that the team were simply running in a fully circular hallway during that scene.
- "YEAH!" Shot: Parodied in "The Mystery Misfits" where after the credits we see Max walk up to the guys, still freeze framed, and expresses annoyance that he wasn't "invited to the freeze frame party."