Survivorcraft is a Let's Play/ Reality Show combination made by Meatius and Brother GUNNS (former members of Next Gen Tactics) based on a certain CBS series. Similar to the actual show, Survivorcraft follows 8 Minecraft players as they attempt to survive in the wildernes (or wherever that season takes place) while competing against each other for rewards and immunity. However, every week, whichever team lost the immunity challenge must vote one of their members off the show, with the last person standing winning. It is unique in that unlike other online game shows, there is an actual prize on the line (usually a gamer's monitor/laptop/headset donated to them by sponsor ASUS North America).It can be found here, and their official channel is found here.
Survivorcraft includes examples of:
- The Ace: The Only Bently from Season 1. He performed incredibly well in challenges, was nice and respectful to his fellow players, actually building memorials dedicated to them after they left, and was favored by pretty much everyone.
- Catch-Phrase: GUNNS has "Next time on Survivorcraft!"
- Double Standard: In Episode 1 of Elysium, it was pointed out in the comments a few times that Mezz FTW cheated during the second reward challenge, but no-one really put up a fuss after that. However in Episode 2 the fans endlessly moaned about how Prazer cheated during the immunity challenge, called for him to be eliminated, to bring Jpatt back and redo the challenge, etc.
- Actually, there are several differences between the two events. For one, Mezz cheated during a reward challenge, while Razer cheated during an immunity challenge, which are arguably more important. Second, Mezz's team lost anyway, while Razer's team won. Third, both Razer and Jpatt were struggling on the same parkour section, so when Razer cheated around it, his team was basically handed the win on a silver platter. Fourth (and most importantly), since Razzor cheated, Team Buckity Boo was sent to tribal council, and Fan Favorite Jpatt was eliminated.
- Early Installment Weirdness: The first season was just Meatius and GUNNS on two separate but identical islands, competing against each other, trying to complete a series of tasks. There was noone else beside them competing, and the grand prize was pulling a switch which blew up the other guys island.
- Golden Snitch: The immunity challenges. Meatius and GUNNS have said on several occasions, "It doesn't matter how many reward challenges you win, at the end of the day, it all comes down to who wins immunity."
- Kill It with Fire: Sort of. Whenever there was a challenge that involved the contestants fighting each other to the death, Speed's strategy was to dump buckets of lava into the arena and hope people fell into them.
- The Load: Jpatt from Season 2. He had bought Minecraft 2 days before the show started, and often dragged his team down during challenges, especially if it involved parkour. His team also had to stop several times during challenges and explain things to him, such as how to put blocks on the ground. Despite all this, the fans were in love with him by the end of Episode 1.
- Loophole Abuse: During Season 2's first Immunity challenge, there Ain't No Rule saying you had to cross the parkour section by actually parkouring, and that you couldn't, say, walk along the edge of the section, which Razzor used to his advantage. Needless to say, the fans weren't terribly happy...
- Scenery Porn: Elysium, the setting of Season 2.
- Stuff Blowing Up: The grand prize of Season 0.