Meet the BLU Team is a series of videos by DrClay999 modelled after Valve's Meet the Team shorts, but while the RED team showed off their abilities and completely destroyed their opponents, the BLU team is rather incompetent and consistently fail to pull off their RED counterparts' feats.
Meet the BLU Team provides examples of:
- Affectionate Parody: This series basically replicates the Meet the Team series, only with BLU Team instead of RED. And since the BLU team are the Butt Monkeys of Meet the Team, they end up being comically inept rather than getting Cutscene Power to the Max.
- Ambiguous Situation: At the end of Meet the BLU Pyro, Pyro finds the near-fully signed peace treaty after killing both teams (on account of his color-blindness) and throws it into the fire before silently walking away. It's never clear if he actually feels remorse for destroying their chance at peace, or if he knew ahead of time and went on a rampage because he flat-out refused to accept it.
- April Fools' Day: Starting in 2018, there were April Fool's gags of Meet the BLU Team videos that are beat-by-beat remakes of the Final Combat trailers. So far we have the BLU PyroBat, the BLU Rocketier, the BLU Fateavy, the BLU Medical and the BLU Sniper.
- An Arm and a Leg: The BLU Pyro throws their Fire Ax at the RED Sniper, cutting off his right arm.
- Aside Glance: The RED Pyro turns to glance at the screen when the BLU Demoman blows himself up with a bounced grenade.
- Ass Shove: BLU Sniper gets a rocket planted in his rear end by a RED Soldier while doing a rump-shaking taunt at that Soldier.
- A-Team Firing: The BLU Sniper is a terrible shot. At one point, he's outsniped by the RED Demoman, who oneshots him after he misses both the RED Demoman and Heavy. The end of the video shows the BLU Sniper shooting a cutout of himself and missing every time.
- Body Horror: The BLU Medic replaces the Heavy's heart with his BLU Spy head because a heart mask fell on it. It's unclear how the Heavy can survive with no functioning heart.
- Boisterous Weakling: Most of the BLU Team tries to deliver the same Badass Boasts as their RED counterparts, intercut with them getting stomped by the REDs.
- Butt-Monkey: Most of the BLU Team becomes this in these videos, as they either get killed or otherwise fail epically at trying to pull off the stunts seen in the canon Meet the Team videos. The sole exception is the BLU Pyro in Meet the BLU Pyro, who is every bit as competent as his RED counterpart was shown to be, but without the RED Pyro's Obliviously Evil element. BLU Pyro sees the world in black and white instead of Pyroland, which does cause problems as they can't tell the teams apart.
- The inside of the fridge in Meet the Jarate Sandvich has the Medic's notice to not eat spy heads stored in there, since the stinger of Meet the BLU Spy had the RED Heavy do just that.
- In Meet the BLU Pyro, the RED Medic tries to kill Pyro by using the exact same Medigun his BLU counterpart used in Meet the BLU Medic. This backfires horribly.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: The teams, as usual. The BLU Pyro is unable to see color, so he ends up killing his own team because he can't tell them apart from the RED team.
- Comically Inept Healing: The BLU Medic. Case in point, his medigun kills people rather than healing them. His regular healing isn't much better: he responds to a cut on Heavy's finger by ripping out his heart and replacing it with a Spy head, and Pyro is on fire after being "healed" by him.Medic: Don't you all feel so much better?
Everyone else: NO!*
Spy's head: (from inside Scout) YOU SUCK!
- Drives Like Crazy: The BLU Sniper keeps running over his teammates with his camper van, and at one point didn't focus on the road until mere seconds when about to hit a wall.
- Early Installment Weirdness: The first two shorts involving the Soldier and Engineer involve a few edits portraying them as punching bags for the RED team (indeed, Meet the BLU Soldier has most of the action based around the RED Soldier handing the BLU team their asses), and otherwise rarely straying from the original shorts aside from getting them killed in the end.
- Formula-Breaking Episode: Meet the BLU Pyro actually has the Pyro be incredibly competent, and unlike their spacey RED counterpart who has no idea what their actions cause, they are every bit as ruthless as everyone feared as they mowed down the entire RED team. Unfortunately for the BLU team however, they don't see color.
- HA HA HANo: The RED Spy's response to his BLU counterpart's hilariously bad attempt to disguise his way into the Intelligence room and pass off the RED Spy as an enemy, before shooting him.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: The RED Medic attempts to use his BLU counterpart's Medigun against the BLU Pyro, knowing that it harms them. This backfires horribly, as the BLU Pyro turns the Medigun on him and activates the Ubercharge, which causes him to explode.
- I Ate WHAT?!: Meet the Jarate Sandvich has the BLU Heavy gagging on one off-camera.
- Knight of Cerebus: The BLU Pyro. Unlike the other entries, which are all about comical mishaps befalling the BLU team, the Pyro's portrayal in Meet the BLU Pyro is downright chilling and completely devoid of humor.
- Ludicrous Gibs: Meet the BLU Demoman, appropriately enough, has a lot of gibs flying around. Given BLU team's status, almost all of those belong to the Demoman himself.
- Mad Doctor: The RED Medic is out there to begin with, but the BLU Medic is something else. For starters, he performed open heart surgery when the Heavy only checked in for a small cut, and healing his teammates actually kills them.
- Major Injury Underreaction: In Meet the BLU Sniper:Sniper: (a Huntsman arrow hits his head) I think his mate saw me. (another hits his chest; still in a deadpan voice) Oh my god, I've been shot.
- Meaningful Background Event: Meet the BLU Soldier has a Heavy in the background when Soldier is first seen talking. In his second scene, the Heavy is replaced by a RED Spy disguised as one, who then backstabs the Soldier in The Stinger.
- Mid-Battle Tea Break: In Meet the BLU Scout, the BLU Scout and the RED Heavy briefly enjoy a cup of coffee before resuming their Curb-Stomp Battle.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: When the BLU Medic steps in, he kills his own teammates by healing them, thus screwing the BLU Team over.
- No-Sell: The BLU Demoman rigs the same sticky bomb trap as his RED counterpart... only the RED Medic chasing him had Ubercharge ready, and pops it on the RED Heavy just before the bombs go off. At least he got the soldier...
- Oh, Crap!:
- The BLU Demoman when he realized that the RED Heavy was Ubercharged and survived his sticky trap.
- The BLU Engineer has this reaction when getting healed by the BLU Medic.
- BLU Spy has one when the RED Soldier sees through his Paper-Thin Disguise.
- At the end of Meet the BLU Pyro, the BLU Scout can only respond with "Uh-oh" upon realizing that the BLU Pyro is about to kill the rest of their own team because they don't see color.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: Meet the BLU Spy does it multiple times, since disguises are part of Spy's shtick.
- The BLU Spy starts the video trying to disguise as the RED Scout... while the real RED Scout was nearby. The Soldier immediately identified and killed him.
- During the BLU Spy's fight with the RED Medic, he tries disguising... as the very Medic he's grappling with. Medic obviously isn't fooled and immediately decapitates Spy with his bone saw.
- And near the end, the BLU Spy manages to infiltrate the RED intelligence room disguised as the RED Demoman, but blows his cover by speaking in his own voice instead of the Demoman's. And when he does change his voice, it's already too late and the RED team laughs at him before the RED Spy shoots him.
- Reckless Gun Usage: In bomb form; while the RED Demoman demonstrated that, at least nothing happened to him. The BLU Demoman set off detonators twice while at his interview, and both times returning with more bandages.
- Small Name, Big Ego: BLU Scout, to an even greater extent than his RED counterpart. They have the same lines in their interview, but while RED Scout eventually managed to defeat the Heavy he was fighting, BLU Scout was curbstomped.
- Sudden Downer Ending: Meet the BLU Pyro, the final episode of the series, features the BLU Pyro efficiently and mercilessly slaughtering the entire RED Team right as the BLU Team is about to sign a peace treaty with them. Just as BLU celebrates finally winning in the end, they are also killed by the Pyro, who can't see color. The last scene has the Pyro burning his team's bodies and tossing the treaty into the flames before walking away in silence, accompanied by melancholy violin music.
- Surprisingly Realistic Outcome:
- In Meet the BLU Spy, when the BLU Spy attempts to slide a sapper under a sentry to disable it, it doesn't work unlike when his RED counterpart tried the same thing. And of course, since he wasn't disguised, the sentry spotted him and fired on him.RED Engineer: What in Sam Hill were you thinking?
- Also in Meet the BLU Spy, the Spy attempting to disguise as the Medic he's attacking doesn't slow the Medic down for a moment, and he ends up losing his head for his trouble. Medics are much more powerful in direct combat than Spies.
- In Meet the BLU Demoman, the Reckless Bomb Usage both Demomen displayed ends up blowing the BLU Demoman up several times.
- Meet the BLU Demoman and Meet the BLU Scout both have the title characters charging toward a Sentry Gun like their RED selves did. In both cases, the Sentry promptly blows them to bits with rockets.
- In Meet the BLU Spy, when the BLU Spy attempts to slide a sapper under a sentry to disable it, it doesn't work unlike when his RED counterpart tried the same thing. And of course, since he wasn't disguised, the sentry spotted him and fired on him.
- Team Killer: The BLU Soldier, Engineer, Heavy, Medic, and Pyro all become this.
RED Spy: Tell me, did anyone happen to kill a RED* Spy on the way here?
- Due to a mistake in dubbing, the RED Soldier is accidentally portrayed as one. And just like in the original Meet the Spy, he was about to shoot the RED Spy at the end of his spiel until the BLU Spy spoke up.
RED Soldier: Affirmative!
RED Spy: (holds up a Dead Ringer)
- They Killed Kenny Again: BLU Demoman, Sniper, and Spy get killed repeatedly in their respective videos. Heavy dies twice in his, both off-screen.
- Too Dumb to Live: The BLU Team comes across this way. Of note is the Heavy, who even left the RED Spy dumbfounded, especially when his backstab was met by a "Thank you, doctor!"
- Unwanted Assistance: Nobody wanted the BLU Medic to heal them. In fact, the BLU Team was doing just fine before he stepped in and ruined everything.
- Vader Breath: Just like their RED counterpart, the BLU Pyro has an ominous, raspy breathing sound. It can create a chilling effect when combined with the black and white view they have of the world.
- Wham Shot: In Meet the BLU Pyro, BLU Pyro comes across RED Pyro and effortlessly blows their head off with a shotgun, showing that BLU Pyro is not as incompetent as their teammates.
- Worst Aid: BLU Medic's idea of proper treatment for a graze on BLU Heavy's finger is a heart transplant. And that's not even getting into the fact that the new heart is BLU Spy's head!