One subplot revolves around Metrocop #1 attempting to revive his deceased pal and creator of The G-Mod Idiot Box, DasBoSchitt after accidentally blasting his head off with a shotgun trap in Gmod Idiot Box 10. The subplot serves as Episode 11's prequel.
You can watch it here.
This work provides examples of:
- Can't Hold His Liquor: A single beer disables Duke.
- Curse Cut Short: When Duke drinks a beer.
(Duke gets a new tweet on his phone. It's from #1, who wrote "ROFL I STOLED DUKES MUNNIES AND HE HAS NO IDEA!!" Cue Duke staring at his phone while #1 strolls by whistling in the background carrying a briefcase full of Duke's money. 14 seconds later...)Duke: "MOTHERFU-"
- In addition:
- Cut His Heart Out with a Spoon: With a helping of Sophisticated as Hell:Duke: Give it back, or I'll rip off one of your limbs and forcefully shove feces down your newly-created orifice!
- A Date with Rosie Palms: Duke's entire motivation for getting his money back, so he can go back to watching porn.
- Delayed Reaction: A full FOURTEEN seconds pass between Duke seeing #1 tweeting about stealing his money (during which time #1 casually walks by Duke with the money while whistling) before Duke finally says "MOTHERFU-".
- Freeze-Frame Bonus: As the news channel is reporting on DasBoSchitt's accidental death at the hands of #1, (a call-back to The Gmod Idiot Box Episode 10) the ticker below reads "Half-Life 3 finally announced to be released on" but the video cuts away before the release date is shown.
- Another report that comes before the above one: "Congress approves plan to launch the stupid into the sun. Congress now missing"
- Funny Background Event: As Duke is staring at #1's tweet bragging about how he stole Duke's money and that "he has no idea", #1 strolls by carrying the money in a briefcase while whistling.
- A Glass in the Hand: The boss of Gearbox Software at the end, parodying the Streets of Rage 3 ending, struggles to actually break the glass."Come on, break, you bastard— (thumps glass on the table) You stupid thing, makin' me look like a pansy... (smashes glass, cutting his hand open) BWAAAAA-
- Groin Attack: What it takes to decimate Duke's Ego bar. Duke also uses it on Goldblum when the karate chops don't work.
- Highly Visible Password: The entire password entry scene.
- Intoxication Ensues: After drinking one can of beer, it completely maxes out his Drunk Bar and makes him thrusterlimb around on the floor (at least as far as a ramrod-stiff character model will allow.
- Mobile Shrubbery: How Duke tries to sneak into 3D Realms without being noticed.
- The Password Is Always "Swordfish": Played with. It's a very easy, 4 digit password that Duke himself set, but he forgot it himself, despite there being a massive hint on the screen: "I am _ _ _ _ Locked". After interrogating someone, he suddenly realises the password when the person mentions "You never really did like that vault, you always said it was just blocking your means to the babes...". The password was: I am COKB locked.
- Reality Ensues: "President Man" has trouble breaking a glass just by gripping it. When he finally does get it to break, he badly hurts himself.
- Reality Warper: When Duke is interrupted when entering the password, we see (from the interrupter's point of view) him waggle his arm in front of him. Then, from Duke's point of view, we see him grab the man as if he was a mere foot away from him and tiny.
- Save Scumming: Duke accidentally kills himself falling down an elevator shaft, but he survives by loading a save state.
- Daleks make an appearance.
- #1's "Fixitfixitfixit" is from ''Futurama.
- The entire interrogation scene is a parody of L.A. Noire. At least Duke flying off the handle was somewhat justified considering how much Cole could do this in the game.
- The scene of BoSchitt getting his face reconstructed is a remake of a scene from the 1989 Batman movie.
- The password to the vault is I am COKB locked.
- When Duke's phone gets a tweet, the ringtone says "Oooh."
- When Duke calls Goldblum a dumbass, he does it in the same style as Super Milk Chan.
- The Stinger is one to the bad endings of Streets of Rage 3.
- "President Man" is very obviously Hank Hill.
- Special Effects Failure: Invoked. Duke's Mighty Foot animation is taken directly from Duke Nukem 3D. Especially noticeable in the fight scene, where he lifts off in one scene and it cuts to him using both feet at once.
- Stylistic Suck: Probably one of the most glaring examples of this, and is explored quite a bit and is a pretty major plot point. The animation on Duke is (deliberately) atrocious - He is stuck ramrod stiff, has no walking animations, his talking animations fluctuate between poor and awful, and his arm movements are very feeble looking and sounding. What's more, his Mighty Foot attack is only ever seen in first person view, with the sprites from the original game. There is a major reason for this, however: Since the previous games in the series made him rich, he has deliberately neglected his animation budget, opting to spend all of his money on porn. Probably a good time to mention that said budget clocks in at at least $6,000,000. And that's just the stuff that was reclaimed by Goldblum.
- Violence Is the Only Option: At least, according to Duke. However, several people in the story are completely cooperative with him, and he still opts for violence, such as blowing up the building containing the person who he's interrogating, and repeatedly karate-chopping someone in the neck, despite him telling Duke he'd have gladly opened the vault for him.
- Visual Pun: DasBoSchitt's head gets textures and a distinct model after it gets put through a blender.