- "You think you bad? You think you can escape me? You think you can commit a crime in my district, and get away with it? I'm watching you. I'm watching everything you muthafuckas do. You ain't gonna get away with nothing. Do you know why? Do you know why? I'll tell you why. NIGGGGGGGGGGGBONNNNEEEEEEEE'S gonna solve all da crimes!"—- Detective Nigel "Nigbone" Bone'part
Detective Nigbone is a series of youtube videos made by Nigbone using Garry's Mod, before making the switch to source film maker on episode 4. The series chronicles the life of Detective Nigbone as he is out to "solve all da crimes." The titular character is rash, tactless, and can come off as down right idiotic, but somehow, he always manages to solve da crime he's appointed to.
The series consists of six episodes (not counting the Nigbone bits, and the Five Crimes at Freddy's video), with a seventh episode teased a few months ago.
You can find Nigbone's youtube channel here.
The show has since been cancelled, originally thought to be in a indefinite hiatus, but has been confirmed to be cancelled after a post on Nigbone's official Facebook briefly stating he's retired.
Detective Nigbone provides examples of:
- Asshole Victim: In Five Crimes at Freddy's, Steve is implied, and confirmed by Word of God to be one.
- Jimmy Regaysi at the hands of the unnamed Killer as well
- Berserk Button: Nigbone becomes noticeably more serious the moment he deals with the possibility of a kid being with a pedophile. Once the kid is found murdered, Nigbone becomes very vengeful.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Detective Nigbone fits this pretty well, given how he tends to work.
- The Cuckoolander Was Right: His main trait, put on full display in episode 3. Everyone in the PD calls the serial killer the Vampire Killer because he's known to drain out the blood of his victims. Nigbone insists that he is the Ass Tickla because he likes to tickle asses, and gets ridiculed for the insistence. Turns out that, despite conflicting forensic evidence, the Vampire Killer does tickle asses of his upcoming victims.
- Comically Missing the Point: Nigbone questions a full bikini clad, well endowed woman about the Ass Tickla. She responds by offering to do the ass tickling, disgusting Nigbone as he walked away.
- Continuity Nod: Episode 4 acknowledges Collins' homosexuality, and how Philix is his bitch.
- Episode 6 has Nigbone going on a lead of a woman who he had sex with in a short clip.
- Cowboy Cop: He's out to solve all da crimes, badge or no badge.
- Da Chief: Sergeant Monroe, who is a more justified example as he is always butting heads with Nigbone. Unfortunately for him, Nigbone is too good at solving crimes to consider demoting or even firing him.
- The Determinator: Once Nigbone is assigned to a case, he will not stop until it is solved.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Nigbone went to great lengths to humiliate and harass Officer Collins (even after he got shot), all because Collins ruined a sock-puppet show that Nigbone and his mother came up with.
- In episode 3, Nigbone attempts to ask a bald man about the Ass Tickla. The man closes the door on him. In response, Nigbone charges into the apartment and beats the everloving man-shit out of him.
- Hypocritical Humor: Played for drama in episode 6: the SWAT officers, after raiding a home, immediately discuss about what Nintendo Wii games to play. This ends up disgusting Nigbone of all people, who is genuinely concerned for the little girl's safety. Justified, as it isn't Swat's job to solve the crime.
- In the same episode, Nigbone criticizes a man for having a weird voice despite himself having an equally weird voice as well
- Kick the Dog: Nigbone decides to further mock Officer Collins, who got shot. Somewhat justified. See Disproportionate Retribution above.
- He accidentially beats his partner in the head with a baseball bat, who (thankfully) didn't sustain any major injuries besides a gunshot wound.
- A very dark example: the killer who rescued the little girl (who may or may not have been raped) decides to "purify her".
- Names to Run Away from Really Fast: The Vampire Killer. Though Nigbone prefers the even funnier name: The Ass Tickla. Turns out the killer does just that.
- Never Say "Die": The killer in episode 4 prefers the term "purify."
- Prequel: Five Crimes At Freddy's is this for Nigbone, presumably before he got into law enforcement. Further enforced by the fact that he hears (what would become) his theme song on the radio for the first time."This is my song, nig-gah!"
- Rape Is a Special Kind of Evil: The killer in episode 4 may be, well, a killer. However, upon learning that Jimmy Regaysi may have raped a little girl, he decides to "purify" him.
- Reality Ensues: One Nigbone Bit has Nigbone applying his usual tact on a guy considering jumping off of a building. You can guess what happens next.
- Theme Song Power Up: Subverted in Five Crimes at Freddy's. Nigbone gets his heroic resolve and tries to fight off the animatronics, but realizes that it's all futile. Double subverted! It bought him enough time for 6am to hit.