A Clash of Kings: A Throne for Dragons (Initially called A Clash of Kings 2.0 due to being the second series in the mod on the channel) is a Story driven Lets Play of the Mount & Blade Mod A Clash of Kings by Arcade Knight that started in 2015. It involves Arcade knight playing as the descendants of Aerion Brightflame, Baelor Brightflame and aided by his siblings Daeron and Rhaneys as they try and assemble a force capable of retaking the Iron Throne during its time of strife. Season 1 starts with them in charge of a small mercenary company in Essos before eventually gathering enough strength to start there campaign in Westeros and making new allies in there rise to power. Dealing with faction after faction House Brightflame slowly cuts a bloody path straight to the Iron Throne. It can be found here
Season 2 starts the series off a bit after the events of Season 1 have cooled off with House Brightflame having properly established there realm and going about conquering the rest of Westeros to unite the Seven Kingdoms under there Banner. Though there many Lords and would be Kings in there way who wont give up there lands so easily.... The playlist is here
This series stands as one of (If not Arcades most) popular series on his channel and has a lot of fan interaction from his comment section with Arcade taking the advice of his comments to heart and even rewarding loyal subscribers with becoming a 'Sub Knight' where a character of there chosen creation and backstory is made and helps him in the game. In Season 2 he started adding 'Sub Lords' into the fold who took things a step further and made great contributions to the community.
Outside of the comments section Arcades community has its own forum where viewers have gone to make there own characters in the Realm of A Throne for Dragons (As well has his other lets plays) Where many events take place, some of which have been mentioned in his videos and others even effect the series as a whole. The forum can be found here
A Throne for Dragons contains examples of:
- A Day in the Limelight: Each of the Sub Knights and Sub Lords get this in there introductory episodes. A lot of the video is dedicated to introducing them and showing off there skills. Daeron even gets an entire episode in the limelight.
- A Father to His Men: Baelor cares for all of his men and will think twice about battles that will cost him a lot of them. The one time he threw this out the window was when he saw a chance to take down Aegon It didn't work in his favor
- And Now for Someone Completely Different: Two instances one in Season one where Baelor sends Daeron on a mission in Essos, the whole episode is from Daerons perspective as he does this task under the alias "Daeron of Duskendale". The other instance is the beginning of an episode in Season 2 where Rhaneys finishes off a battle after Baelor dies
- Arc Villain: Season 2 doesn't have an overarching Bad Bad Like Season 1 did as a new threat is around every few episodes, with it being the ruler of whatever faction House Brightflame is at War with
- Big Bad: Aegon of Season 1 is this, while not the last threat of Season 1 he is the longest and toughest challenge they face. Capable of forcing Baelor to retreat from an open battle (Granted he had superior numbers) and even personally wounding the King himself.
- Blood Knight: Baelor And Daeron get eager when there's a fight close by and express annoyance when there men 'hog all the fun'
- Bodyguarding a Badass: The Brightflame Kingsguard protect the already powerful King Baelor They do the same for King Daeron.
- Catchphrase: "I want you to sit back on your comfy thrones! I want you to grab a golden chalice of your favorite tasty beverage!"
- Conveniently an Orphan: Based on Daerons bio there's the subtle implication Baelor had something to do with his fathers death on the battle field Though from what info we know of him no ones crying.
- Cruel Mercy: Staniss, Renly, Tywin, Balon, and Mace all are likely having a lovely time in House Brightflames dungeons
- Dark and Troubled Past: Just about all the Sub Knights and Lords have one, from losing there entire house (James Lail) to failing someone they cared about when it mattered most(Ian the Oculus). They tend to see House Brightflame as there chance to make things right.
- [[Darker and Edgier]]: Season 1 saw the Sellswords come and start there campaign against the Kings of Westeros and slowly uniting people under there banner as Baelor became a king worth fighting for. Season 2 saw The Good King Baelors death early on, Many internal conflicts from Ak Realm Enjin, A few lords outright betraying House Brightflame, and Rhaneys being captured and critically injured after a botched attempt to save her. The kingdom even struggles with debt due to House Brightflames wars.
- Decoy Protagonist: Baelor spends all of Season 1 as The Hero and then gets killed early into Season 2! Rhaneys finishes the battle he died at and Daeron becomes the King and the Main Character from there.
- Dragon Their Feet: Kings Landing is taken before Tywin is dealt. That being said he follows in short order.
- From Nobody to Nightmare: Its safe to say none of the 5 Kings saw some random sellsword company called 'The Forgotten sons' in another Continent as a real threat, until said company was right at there doorstep.
- Gray and Grey Morality: Downplayed. While the whole conflict is a case of this the biggest example is House Brightflame vs House Targaryean. Previous issues between them in the past notwithstanding The Brightflames see Aegon as a Blackfyre (Not unreasonable given the Golden Companies history of backing them) but if he is a true Targaryean as many believe then he would be the rightful heir to the throne. Ultimately history will see the victors side as correct in the matter.
- The Hero: King Baelor is this for season 1 that is, Daeron takes the reigns early season 2
- Loads and Loads of Characters: We have the Brightflames, James Lail, Gaerion, Garret Longley Richard Lick, Edric Royston, Ian the Oculus, Jory and Robin Redwater to name a few. Not to mention all the Lords and Kings that House Brightflame allies and clashes with along the way and then there's the ones on Ak Enjin....
- Offscreen Moment of Awesome: What the AK forums all about, detailing many battles and events not covered in the videos. Though some do get mentioned and impact the series.
- Starter Villain:Stannis Baratheon is the first real threat that House Brightflame has to deal with. Invoked since Baelor went after him first because he was the easiest Claimant to beat and thus was seen as this.
- Storm the Castle: Tons of this, some of the most memorable would be House Brightflame Taking Dragonstone, Storms End, and Kings Landing!
- Succession Crisis: It started the War of Five Kings and pops up again in Season 2 regarding Daeron needing a bride to marry and have kids with, due to him being the last Male Brightflame. Meaning his death could have dire consequences for the Realm.
- Undying Loyalty: The Sub Knights have this towards House Brightflame. The other lords they recruit along the way...not so much.
- Warrior Poet: James Lail is this. A respected member of the Kingsguard and capable of telling amazing poems and stories. It got him his nickname 'Songbird'
- You Are in Command Now: Daeron becomes King and sets out to finish there goal after Baelor is killed in battle.