- Axe-Crazy: Chell is slowly becoming this. She takes great delight in burning up many a Weighted Storage Cube, GLaDOS' cameras, and even a Radio when the lyrics to the song freak her out.
- Beard of Evil: Chell is convinced that her Evil Twin has one. She also thinks GLaDOS has this and eyeliner.
- Brick Joke: In a crossover between Shephard's Mind and Barney's Mind, when Shephard and Barney are talking (with Shephard in a locker and Barney pondering how to get him out), they come to the conclusion that the electrified toxic waste is "an ingredient in Red Bull or something". Later on in Chell's Mind, Chell says "Red Bull, now with more electrified toxic waste! Red Bull gives you cancer!"
- Companion Cube: Ironically, the Aperture Science Handheld Portal Device. She calls it ASHPoD.
- Crossover: At the end of the fifth episode, Chell hears Barney's voice.
- Evil Laugh: Chell, when burning cubes. She hates cubes.
- Evil Twin: Chell thinks the voice in her head is one.
- Gratuitous Japanese: Chell will often break into Japanese phrases for no particular reason.
- I Call It "Vera": Chell spends a long time in episode 01 trying to decide on a name for her portal gun. She eventually decides on ASHPoD.
- She goes along and names other objects that she doesn't like.
- I Fell for Hours: Chell falls several miles via portal recursion and is utterly terrified.
- Sanity Slippage: Chell is obviously starting to crack.
- Chell asks ASHPoD if he has a Bankai.
- In episode 3, Chell makes a few references to other games after lamenting that although her situation is rather bad, it could be worse.Chell: I could be trapped in an alternate dimension filled of HP Lovecraft References. Or battling alien invaders with nothing but a crowbar. Or I could be trapped in a small building fending off horde after horde of nazi zombies.
- Running Gag: Chell is starving.
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: Chell on the scent of the deadly goo:Chell: Ugh, it's worse than being trapped in an unventilated room after spraying an entire bottle of Tilex on every wall and rubbing my face in it! Which I have never done. Not even when I was drunk.
- What Did I Do Last Night?: One of the first things she says waking up at the start.
Can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB_JoGZgQZQ&list=PL034A1B651E1C08A7