Welcome to the Wordverse. Characters from different sources thrown together in a shared world of danger and adventure! Every series of fights will be connected by a common story arc.- Intro
The Wordverse is a Massive Multiplayer Crossover written by Wordmaker on the Atomic Think Tank boards. It's divided into Arcs, five of which are completed, as well as a sixth currently unresolved arc that focuses on some more mundane action. Wordmaker stats up the characters that appear in the story using the Mutants & Masterminds system, and then plays out the battles using the stats. So far, in addition to unique characters, he's stated up characters from The DCU, Marvel Comics, V for Vendetta, Big Trouble in Little China, James Bond, 24, Dresden Files, Equilibrium, Walker, Texas Ranger, Knight Rider, Transformers, The Crow and Die Hard universes, though most of the arcs have Batman as the main character.
The Wordverse provides examples of:
- Badass Normal: You're dealing with a world where Nick Fury, Batman and John Preston can team up.
- The Cavalry: The end of the Iron Curtain story.
- Colony Drop: Part of the plan in Iron Curtain to frame the anti-registration heroes.
- The Narrator Is a Cheating Bastard: To make some fights more dramatic, the Narrator will allow the villains to cheat on certain rolls.
- Jumping Off the Slippery Slope: Iron Man during the Civil War Analogue.
- Killed Off for Real:The Hood, among others.
- Loads and Loads of Characters: 108 fully stated characters by my last count.
- Magnificent Bastard: Night Fox, who is Alicia Hendricks
- Massive Multiplayer Crossover: It's one of the main draws.
- Mind Rape: Done to Night Fox by Batman.
- One Sided Battle: Used when Batman fights Iron Man, or when Superman fights Absorbing Man copying kryptonite.
- Shout-Out: The Question pretty much quotes the "A is A, Luthor is Luthor" lines exactly.
- Super Registration Act: The subject of Iron Curtain