Warhammer Adventures is a series of middle grade books released by Games Workshop. Each of Games Workshop's two primary settings has its own series of Warhammer Adventures books, with those set in the Warhammer 40,000 universe known as Warped Galaxies while those set in the Mortal Realms of Warhammer: Age of Sigmar are called Realm Quest.
The Warhammer Adventures series consists of the following books:
- Warped Galaxies by Cavan Scott
- Attack of the Necron
- Claws of the Genestealer
- Secrets of the Tau
- Realm Quest by Tom Huddleston
- City of Lifestone
- Lair of the Skaven
- Forest of the Ancients
Tropes featured in the Warped Galaxies books include:
- Asshole Victim: Rizz, who tried to kill both Zelia and Talen and attempted to leave the latter for dead during a Necron invasion (after the latter tried to save his life!). He meets his end by being atomized by a Necron gauss flayer.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: The Necron invasion in the first book overwhelms the planet's defenses, systematically slaughters its people in the streets, and ultimately blows the whole planet up in a matter of hours.
- Embarrassing Nickname: Flea Pit's name is actually Flegan Pala, but decides that it's best that the kids use the name given to him by Talen because it's easier to pronounce.
- Lighter and Softer: Compared to the base setting, anyway. The Imperium is a bit less of an overt dystopia, its people are bit less genocidal-religious-fanatic-y, pacifists are both a thing and actually taken seriously, interstellar travel is a lot more casual, and so on. It still has a much darker tone and significantly higher body count than your average children's book.
- Nothing Is the Same Anymore: The series is set several years after the events of the Gathering Storm. As such, Primaris Marines make an appearance.
- Trailers Always Lie: The animated character trailers make the series look a lot Lighter and Softer than it actually is. For instance this one shows Zelia awakening a bunch of Necrons and them just letting her leave when she puts back what she stole, when in the book they're in full Terminator mode at all times.