Published in 2015 by Robert Repino, a colony of intelligent giant ants has decided to eradicate the human race. They use their advanced technology to cause an Anthropomorphic Transformation worldwide. Then starts the war with no name, a war between humans and animals. The first book focuses on Mort(e), house cat turned soldier, who searches for a dog named Sheba that he knew before the Change. He gets a message from the surviving humans, saying Sheba is still alive. They continue to send messages, and Mort(e) discovers that the infamous human bioweapon EMSAH isn't what it seems to be. A sequel was later published, called D'Arc, and a novella.
War With No Name contains examples of:
- Action Girl: The most prominent are Wawa, dog assassin and second in command of the Red Sphinx, and D'Arc, training for Hosanna law enforcement. There's also Grace Braga, warrior in the Sons of Adam.
- Animals Fear Neutering: Neutered animals are called "chokers" and generally looked down on.
- Anthropomorphic Transformation: The Colony releases a hormone in the water supply that changes most surface animals into bipedal and sapient creatures with Humanlike Hand Anatomy.
- Beastly Bloodsports: Wawa the pit bull participated in dogfights before the Change.
- Call a Rabbit a "Smeerp": 'Chokers' are neutered animals, and death-life is the afterlife.
- The Chosen One: Deconstructed. The humans create a prophecy about Mort(e) and Sheba, unbeknownst to them. However, Mort(e) has no loyalty to the humans, and only works with them because they can get him to Sheba.
- Go Mad from the Isolation: When D'Arc leaves the ranch, Mort(e) is left completely isolated for several weeks. He does not take this well, and starts "devolving" and acting like a pre-Change cat.
- Interspecies Friendship: Mort(e) and D'Arc are very close friends. One is a cat and the other is a dog.
- I Will Find You: Mort(e) spends the first book looking for Sheba.
- Meaningful Rename: All the animals pick new names after the Change.
- My Skull Runneth Over: The translator gives enormous knowledge, and this is a danger for a first-time user.
- That Man Is Dead: Most of the former pets refuse to be called by their "slave names".