Alyssa Meadows, a worker at a local home improvement store, returns home one evening to find it being invaded by burglars. A bad night gets worse when, after accidentally killing one, an angel appears and tells her she is destined to die. Alyssa takes an exception and saves herself, only to find out that angels dont like destiny being messed with. She finds herself shunted off to an alternate world filled with magic and monsters to preserve Earths future.
This Series provides examples of:
- Adventure Guild: Knights Solaris are pretty much this, including an announcer for new postings and a board for job requests. Although their work often consists of escorting people and helping farmers with troublesome monsters, sometimes they are tasked by city guard with strengthening defense or with dangerous reconnaissance missions outside of Lyria.
- Bond Creature: A hellhound accidentally imprints on Alyssa.
- Fantastic Racism: People of Lyria aren't fond of monsters to say the least. The ones in the city are slaves and providing them with an access to magic is considered treason. Subverted in that the royal family so far has actually been tolerant of them, but can't afford to be seen too sympathetic by the general populace.
- Have You Seen My God?: The throne has been vacant for thousands of years.
- Immune to Fate: The plot point that starts the story. Angelic calculations just don't work around Alyssa and she is able to alter both her destiny and destiny of the people around her.
- Oh, Crap!: Alyssa is helping to move would-be victims of her murderer to Tenebrael's world without angelic authorities on Earth noticing. For her last job, she is transported in front of her parents' home.
- Shapeshifter Identity Crisis: Kasita feels more comfortable as a human than in her true form.
- Time Master: Pharaoh. Can slow down time and uses time magic in fighting. Also probably to keep himself younger than he really is.
- Water Wake-up: Alyssa to Irulon, much to her disapproval.