Thrown Into Love is a story, posted on Fictionpress.com, written by Aver, that is about a guy, called Edgar, who is having his black-belt exam in a month, as he's on judo. As the black belt exam is coming closer, though, he's getting more and more personal problems as well.He's got an addict uncle called David, a female friend, Evelyn, whom he sees as his sister, and Daisy, who is his love interest at first; his girlfriend later in the story, and, as the story progresses, the Stalker with a Crush.
You can read it here.
Thrown Into Love provides examples of the following tropes:
- Author Tract: Edgar is a lot like the Author himself.
- Berserk Button: Try calling Edgar Ed and see what happens.
- Character Development: Everyone gets some, but it's the most noticable with Chris.
- Clingy Jealous Girl / Stalker with a Crush: Daisy.
- The Dandy: Nick.
- Door Stopper: Yeah. Be prepared to read thirty chapters, excluding the prologue and the epilogue. It's more ambitious than most of my work.
- I Don't Want to Ruin Our Friendship: Edgar reacts exactly like this to his newfound feelings for Evelyn.
- If I Can't Have You...: Played straight and inverted. Played straight: As soon as Edgar breaks up with Daisy, she tries to get him back by getting the other girls out of his life and acting like a stalker, especially towards Evelyn. Inverted: When Edgar realizes his feelings for Evelyn, he tries desperately to get her together with Nick. Why? Because he thinks that his crush will end as soon as Evelyn's taken. He tries to stop his feelings this way.
- Like Brother and Sister: Edgar and Evelyn. Frequently lampshaded by both of them.
- Love Freak: Evelyn is an adolescent version of this.
- Meet Cute: Edgar met Daisy this way.
- Moment Killer
- Platonic Life-Partners: Again, Edgar and Evelyn. As the story continues, Edgar and Cathy begin acting like this too.
- Psycho Ex-Girlfriend: Daisy becomes this as soon as Edgar breaks up with her. However, Daisy had been acting psycho all along already, so it could be said that Daisy was like this trope from the start.
- Sequel: This story eventually had a one-shot as a kind of sequel, concerning a few characters from this story. You can read it here.
- Shipper on Deck: Cathy actively ships Edgar/Evelyn. A bit of a subversion later on, though, as she eventually confesses not actually expecting them to get together and it was more an excuse to tease. When Edgar confesses about his feelings for Evelyn, Cathy reacts genuinely surprised.
- Shown Their Work: The author himself is a proud carrier of the brown belt.
- "Shut Up" Kiss: Daisy does this to Edgar before they get together. At the end of the story, Edgar himself does it to Evelyn as well.
- True Companions: As the story progresses, the connections between Edgars friends get stronger and stronger, eventually moving into this territory.
- Victorious Childhood Friend: Edgar and Evelyn. To a lesser extent, Chris and Cathy as well.
- When She Smiles: At the end of the prologue, its Daisys smile Edgar falls for.
- Yandere: Daisy.