There is No Death is a book written by Sarah Menet telling about her experience living through terrible living conditions, killing herself, going to Hell, and coming back to life. In Hell, Sarah sees the future gradually getting worse from 9/11 to the end.
- Abusive Father: Sarah's father would frequently hit her and even threaten to kill her at times.
- Afraid of Needles: Sarah was diabetic, yet never overcame this.
- Apocalypse How: The story tells of the apocolypse going steadily from type 0 to type X.
- Apocalypse Wow
- Crapsack World: The future, to the point where people dig in the ground for worms to eat.
- Deus Angst Machina: The reason for Sarah's suicide.
- Fluffy Cloud Heaven: Though Sarah never made it to heaven, her vision of the waiting place for heaven averted this trope.
- Hannibal Lecture: Sarah's father gave these to her as a girl. These lead to Sarah's bitterness and invoke her to give him a lecture of her own at his deathbed.
- Jerkass: Why do you think Sarah went to Hell?
- Take That!: The fact that Sarah's Apocalypse Wow destroys all of the cities she suffered abuse in first can be interpreted as one of these.
- Tear Jerker: After dying, Sarah goes to the waiting place for hell and meets her father, who now feels sorry for what he's done and begs for her forgiveness.
- The End of the World as We Know It: In Spirit Prison, Sarah sees this occurring.
- The Heroine Dies: That's kinda the point of the book.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Sarah's last words to her father
- Together in Death: See tear Jerker
- Wangst: Sarah gives this off before her attempted suicide.