Theatrica is a Web Serial Novel, concerning the misadventures of Magnificent Bastard and Anti-Hero Arthur, struggling to get by in the City in a Bottle world of Theatrica — a city composed of Crazy Awesome individuals turned Decadent Court through years of isolation.
The original site was here, but the novel has since been removed from the internet.
Theatrica provides examples of:
- Abusive Parents: Arthur's folks - for what little we know, one's dead through alcoholism, the other is in prison.
- The Alcoholic: Arthur's mother, Roland (who piled bottles of spirit into his backpack), Dr Wynwise and Mary.
- Angst: A common problem.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Arthur.
- Bring My Brown Pants: Seen at the Tribunal at the Garages.
- Cloudcuckoolander: The Theatricans as a race of people. Most of the characters are in some way eccentric, some entirely mad.
- Creepy Uncle: Scriptor Hile, who is also something of an Evil Uncle and a Pedophile Priest.
- Cyberpunk: The techno rave, in a converted cathedral; the vendors, the Wire King.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Arthur, Dr Wynwise, Tiffany, Howldon... you're odd if you're normal.
- Dead Person Conversation: Arthur and his brother Sam.
- Drowning My Sorrows: Arthur, Mary, Dr Wynwise, Vivian, and Howldon (with other narcotics).
- The Fundamentalist: The Theatricans qualify as a whole (but within their society, the Devouts are worse.)
- Hangover Sensitivity: The morning after the rave, Dr. Wynwise and Mary.
- Hidden Elf Village: Theatrica, which is a walled-off city the size of a country.
- Intoxication Ensues: Arthur's experience at the rave.
- Looks Like Orlok: Arthur's uncle.
- Manipulative Bastard: Arthur.
- The Older Immortal: Professor Swift is almost 80 but looks like he's in his late 30s, whereas Shirley is 8000 years old and still going.
- Police Brutality: The wardens, especially Mr. Bleakley.