The Transmogrification of Roscoe Wizzle is a 2001 Children's novel by David Elliott.
Roscoe Wizzle alternates between spending his time at school, watching television, or hanging out with his best friend Kinchy Boomer.
This all changes when fast food franchise "Gussy's" comes to Roscoe's town. This piques Roscoe's interest, and he begins eating in the establishment on a regular basis.
Unfortunately, Roscoe discovers that he is undergoing a drastic change which makes him resemble a giant insect, but he cannot figure out just how it started.
- Corrupt Corporate Executive: Gussy's CEO, Cecil Geed, abducts children who turn into insects as a result of bugs in the meat grinder, in an effort to conceal their transformations, and evade controversy.
- I Ate WHAT?!: Roscoe discovers that giant bugs regularly fall into the Gussy's meat grinder.
- Mistreatment-Induced Betrayal: Agnes, Cecil Geed's secretary, chases him down and waylays him with jiu-jitsu after extended mistreatment from the latter when the latter tries to escape.
- Oblivious Transformation: Roscoe is unaware that he is transforming into an insect until a classmate points it out.
- Prefers Proper Names: Roscoe's teacher, Mr. Pinchbeck, insists on calling Kinchy Boomer by her full given name, Kinshasa, since he prefers not to nickname his students.
- Slow Transformation: Roscoe transforms into an insect over an extended period of time.