Benjamin Bunny has grown up and started a family of his own. Unfortunately, the years have done little to imbue Benjamin with common sense, and after bingeing on lettuces, he and his children fall asleep in a ditch next to a garden belonging to Mr. McGregor.
This story contains examples of:
- Adult Fear: Having your children kidnapped by someone who plans to kill them.
- Aesop Amnesia: Benjamin just never learns.
- Bag of Kidnapping: Mr. McGregor does this to Benjamin and Flopsy's children when he finds them sleeping in his ditch, intending to drown them and bake them in a pie.
- Improbable Infant Survival: Played straight, although one bunny does get concussed by a hurled vegetable marrow.
- Kissing Cousins: Benjamin marries his first cousin, Flopsy.
- Sleeping Dummy: In a gambit that uses the same principle, Benjamin and Flopsy free their children from the sack and refill it with some vegetable marrows and old turnips, which McGregor unsuspectingly takes home to his wife. Hilarity Ensues.