The Tale of Pigling Bland is a Beatrix Potter story about a young pig who sent to market with his brother, Alexander. On the way, he gets separated from his brother, gets lost, and has a number of adventures.
This book provides examples of:
- Aerith and Bob: Most of the piglings have pet names like Spot and Stumpy, except for two: Alexander and Pigling Bland.
- Carnivore Confusion: The humans talk to the animals, but also eat them.
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling: Pigling Bland and his sister Spot are the responsible ones, the other six are trouble makers although Alexander is the one that receives the most attention.
- Messy Pig: Pigling's siblings play it straight, though he and Pig-wig avert it.
- Plucky Girl: Pig-wig blithely describes, how Mr. Piperson plans to turn her into bacon.