The Seckry Sequence is a series (set to be a trilogy) of young adult science fiction novels by Joseph Evans. It is his debut book series and follows the adventures of fourteen-year-old Seckraman "Seckry" Sevenstars.
The series so far:
- City of the Falling Sky (2011)
- The Trinity Awakening (2013)
- Fate of the Fractured (TBA)
The Seckry Sequence provides examples of:
- Chekhov's Gun: Evans is very fond of this trope.
- Crystal Dragon Jesus: The religion the people of Skyfall City follow centers on the main deity, Gedin, and his son, Seckraman (no, not the protagonist Seckraman... Well, actually, maybe), who was sent by his father to save the people from a huge meteor about to annihilate them all. As if that wasn't enough, the characters celebrate a holiday in the winter called Seckramas.
- Mad Lib Thriller Title: The Seckry Sequence, the name of the series, and The Trinity Awakening, the title of the second book.
- My Nayme Is: Frequently. "Jonn" instead of "John", "Coralle" instead of "Coral", "Pawl" instead of "Paul", etc.
- Named After Somebody Famous: In-universe. The main character is literally named after this fictional universe's Messiah.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Seckry, who is a bit uncomfortable with being named after the son of Gedin, much prefers to go by Seckry.
- The X of Y: Minus the "the" part; City of the Falling Sky, the first book, and Fate of the Fractured, the third book.