The Puppy's Wish is a Picture Book about the puppy Birki and his wish to be special. The book was written by Lori Evert, with the photographs provided by Per Breiehagen. It was published in 2017. It's also part of the Wish Book Series.
This book provides examples of:
- Canine Companion: Birki is this to Anja. Birki's mother also likely qualifies.
- Children in Tow: In one page Birki can be seen happily chasing after his mother as she pulls a sleigh.
- Free-Range Pets: Birki and his mother appear to be free to go where ever they want, and they live right next to or in the wilderness.
- Girlish Pigtails: Anja has these.
- No Name Given: Birki's mother and friends (Who are presumably the other animals mentioned throughout the story.) are never given names and are simply addressed by their species name, with the exception of Birki's mother.
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: Birki the puppy is far from being the only baby animal to appear in this story.
- Sled Dogs Through the Snow: Birki's mother gives Anja rides on her sleigh, and even tells Birki that when he's old he will too in order to make him feel better.