The Phoenix Files is a six-book series by Australian writer Chris Morphew from 2009-2013. The book centres on a group of teenagers, Luke Hunter, Peter Weir and Jordan Burke, who are sent to live at a newly constructed, way-too-perfect town by the name of Phoenix, built by the Shackleton Cooperative, a powerful corporation. They soon become aware that the town is much more sinister than it seems, and Shackleton plans to use something called Tabitha to end all life outside of Phoenix in one hundred days. Completely cut off from the outside world, the unsuspecting residents of Phoenix are about to become the sole survivors of the human race.
The story is told from a Switching P.O.V., rotating between Luke, Peter and Jordan once a book.
- Love Makes You Crazy: Peter goes crazy after watching Luke and Jordan develop feelings for each other.
- Sanity Slippage: Peter suffers this throughout the series as a result of the fallout.
- Stalker with a Crush: Peter's feelings for Jordan often border being obsessive, from him memorising her timetable and address, to getting jealous when she hangs out with Luke.
- Switching P.O.V.: Arrival and Underground are narrated by Luke, Contact and Fallout are narrated by Peter, and Mutation and Doomsday are narrated by Jordan.
- Uncanny Village: In a subversion of sorts, while Phoenix is far too perfect to be innocent, the unsuspecting community living in the village are perfectly normal - its the people running the town who are planning the end of the world.
- Wham Line: Arrival ends on one:Someone's phone was ringing.