Tattiana Sewell, initially, is just like any common girl with a witty, sassy but compassionate personality. She has loving (if not just mildly too busy) parents, two great siblings, and two best friends at her school. But her life will take a turn to the bizarre once she comes into contact with her hometown's largest secrets: the ghosts from her hometown's old mythology are real.
Once a certain ghost called Espectra and titled The Phantom Princess comes, asking for her help to defeat the evil ghosts around the town, Tattiana is unable to hide that this cloaked spirit might be wise and savvy (even if she sounds and looks emotionless), but also really secretive. She'll need to use her wits to solve problems and find out the truth about her ally, and also who is exactly pulling the strings.
The story can be read here.
WARNING! Spoilers from the first fourth chapters will be unmarked. Don't say you weren't warned.
This story provides examples of:
- Alpha Bitch: Caroline.
- City of Adventure: Double Subverted and combined with Town with a Dark Secret. Ordinary citizens are unaware, but ghosts are lurking around the town with varied goals, and some of them even work for an evil queen.
- Britain is Only London: Averted; Kummitus, the story's main setting, is a completely fictional city of the United Kingdom, and London seems meaningless for the plot at the moment.
- Big Bad: Hydrangea, as evidence suggests.
- Emotionless Girl: Espectra. Sometimes, her lack of emotion even borders close to "eldritch-esque emotionless" in-universe, as it's noted in the story many times she looks incapable of actually feeling.
- Kid Hero: Tattiana Sewell, the protagonist, is 12-years old.
- Ordinary High-School Student: Tattiana, who comes into contact with the dark secret of her hometown and has to help a powerful ghost befriend her.
- Our Ghosts Are Different
- Power Trio: Tattiana makes part of those of these: her with her siblings Scott and Natasha, and her with her best friends Ashley and Melusine.
- Secondary Character Title: The title of the story refers to Espectra's Red Baron title. She's actually the Deuteragonist to Tattiana's protagonist.
- Those Two Guys: Ashley and Melusine, Tattiana's best friends.