"The Once Peaceful Village" is a Short Story by Therealjackieboy (also the author of Finding Hope).
Once upon a time, there was a peaceful village. One that was ruled by a great king, King Edwin the 3rd. One day, he was murdered by his son, Edwin the 4th, wanting his power. Edwin the 4th rules the kingdom with an iron fist, creating terrible rules and letting his sadistic knight have fun with them. Until one day, the town just can't take it anymore. A mob ensues.
This story provides examples of:
- Ain't Too Proud to Beg: Edwin is not afraid to start begging once he's cornered.
- Bittersweet Ending: Edwin the 4th is slain, but at the cost of everyone in town. However, a couple managed to come across the village, starting another civilization with a better ruler.
- Chubby Chaser: Implied with King Edwin the 4th, who constantly feeds his new wife a 12-course meal every day becoming fat in the process.
- Dirty Coward: When cornered by the lone survivor, Edwin promises that he can change if she were to spare him.
- Fed to Pigs: If Sir Edgar were to kill a villager, he would then feed their body to the pigs as a way to get rid of it.
- The Hedonist: King Edwin the 4th would usually spend the village's money on wigs, clothes, and other things that make him happy rather than actual help the village improve.
- Jerk with a Heart of Jerk: Edwin would often slap Edgar for stealing money from bloodthirsty warriors and sending someone in his place to be tortured... mainly because Edgar got caught, and Edwin sees him as getting sloppy.
- Off with His Head!: What Sir Edgar does to villagers who don't have enough money in order to live.
- Villainous Glutton: Subverted. While King Edwin the 4th usually has a 12-course meal everyday, he barely eats it at all, forcing his wife to eat it.
- Villain Protagonist: The first half of the story follows Edwin and Edgar's routine of leading the village before jumping to the townsfolk's perspective in the second half.
- Would Hurt a Child:
- It's implied that Edgar has killed children if the head of the family doesn't have enough money for taxes.
- Edwin's also not afraid to send children to be tortured instead of Edgar whenever the latter comes back with stolen treasure.