They share their feelings, their dreams, their fears, and end up becoming friends at least for the day...
...the problem comes when Monday arrives, and they realize they can't go back to normality: for the better or the worse, they already have affectead each other.
This is a very loosely new version of the original books in Spanish, of the El Club De Hopewell saga, with more plot and structure while trying to preserve the comedy and spoofy aspects of the series.
You can read the series here: https://www.wattpad.com/story/1633225-the-hopewell-club
- Adaptation Distillation
- Affectionate Parody: To Teen films and series in general, BUT specially The Breakfast Club (of course), and to a lesser degree the Degrassi franchise.
- All Jews Are Ashkenazi: Sarah, whose mom is from German-Jewish background.
- All Love Is Unrequited: Allyson towards Ryan, her first crush.
- Ambiguously Brown: Sarah's half Jewish, but no one really knows who her father is.
- Ascended Extra: Several:
- Will Hoggard: Sarah's Love Interest, has more development
- Lisa Novak: a named cheerleader that had a single line of dialogue in the original books, it's more prominent here.
- Mac Coddolli: Football captain, that apperead in two episodes, has the same treatment, becoming a more relevant antagonist.
- Salvatore Biancardi: already somewhat prominent in the original saga, it's even more important in this version.
- Breakfast Club: The main point of the book is what happens AFTER such plot.
- Bi the Way: Sarah.
- Boy Meets Girl: The way Allye and Jake met each other, way before that Saturday.
- Canada, Eh?: The setting.
- The Cheerleader: Lisa Novak, one of Hopewell's student, and Jessica: Allyson's older sister.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Sarah and Principal LaFontaine; Will, to some degree, at times.
- Deadpan Snarker: Mostly Jake, but Allyson has her moments.
- Deconstructed Trope: Of the Breakfast Club: the book starts with how umcomfortable would be the first Monday after their day at detention, and how the friendship would take some time to actual develop.
- Dumb Blonde: Inverted: Allyson is actually a good student, top of her class, and a pretty good debater.
- Education Mama: Collen, Allyson's mother.
- Expository Hairstyle Change: more like "expository dye job" in Allyson case; she might be a natural blonde, but in the original version, she's readhead.
- The Glorious War of Sisterly Rivalry: Allyson and Jessica.
- High School Is Hell: At least, that's the vision Allyson subscribes to.
- Meta Girl: Sarah
- Ms. Fanservice: Sarah; she's described as a lot more atractive than Allyson, and as wearing more revealing clothes than her
- No Dress Code: The only way to explain a lot of Sarah's wardrobe.
- Perky Goth: Sarah: half of the time.
- Rummage Sale Reject: Sarah has a pretty original fashion sense.
- School Club Stories: One theme is about with the delicate balance between different clubs.
- Seinfeldian Conversation
- Sextra Credit: Jessica discusses about it; there's a urban legend you can get a passing grade by doing certain "favors" to the principal, but no one actually can really point anyone out.
- Ultimate Universe: Originally a translation of the original books, now has a plot on its own and it's moving to be a distilled version of the original story.
- Yaoi Fangirl: Sarah, Sarah, SARAH.