Set in the Afrofuturistic city of Numbani, it tells the story of Child Prodigy Efi Oladele and how her witnessing Doomfist's attack on the city's security bots leads her to create the robot Orisa to protect the city.
Contains examples of:
- In-Joke: Efi finds herself missing out on various school in-jokes, such as "pulling an Isaac." Naade tries to explain that one to her at her request, but the story ends up fizzling out with him shrugging and saying, "You really had to be there."
- Intelligence Equals Isolation: Efi has started taking half her classes at junior high and half at high school, which leads to her being increasingly left out of the social happenings and in-jokes at her junior high while being similarly out of place at high school. She downplays her intelligence at high school, having quickly learned that teenagers don't like being shown up by 11-year-olds.
- Non-Uniform Uniform: Efi's cousin Dayo has modified his school uniform with gold trim around the cuffs and emblem.
- Person as Verb: Naade and Hassana refer to certain bungles as "pulling an Isaac," after their classmate who accidentally got his head and hand stuck inside a force field during science lab.
- The X of Y: The title, The Hero of Numbani.