The Goosebumps Most Wanted Special Edition book where a boy is taken over by a ghost.
Sammy Baker wishes he wasn't so shy and timid, and wants to prove he can be brave too. Unfortunately, he tries to do so by following his friends to an abandoned house, supposedly haunted. And as he soon finds out, there's no "supposedly" about it, when one of the ghosts takes over his body, with the intention of forcing Sammy to do his bidding...
This book provides examples of:
- The Bully: Ruboin Rubino, who has been giving Sammy trouble ever since he accidentally tripped him up a year prior.
- Class Clown: Todd Garcia, who is always goofing on everything, trying to make people laugh.
- Cool Teacher: Mrs. Flake, who is liked for being funny and always cracking jokes.
- Covers Always Lie: The ghost on the cover is nowhere to be seen in the story, as the ghost is just a kid.
- Crazy-Prepared: Sammy and his classmates are assigned a project about haunted houses. Shanequa says she has everything they need, they'll just borrow her dad's ghost-hunting equipment.
- Halloween Episode: Only in the first half though.
- Here We Go Again!: Sammy seemingly gets rid of Ben but he follows Sammy back through a portal, which not only makes him alive again also connects the two. Thus, Ben can control Sammy again.
- I Just Want to Have Friends: Benjamin Marple has this as his motivation. He's lonely as a ghost and wants Sammy as his friend. The problem is that he wants to make Sammy into a ghost to do so.
- In Medias Res: The book starts at a school assembly, then jumps back three weeks earlier.
- Portal Door: There's one in the Marple house, which turns Sammy into a ghost, but can also turn him back.
- Never Trust a Title: It does not feature any ghost that goes under that name, and he is no more of a haunter than any other ghost in the series.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Buzzy's real name is Bill Buzzner but people only call him Buzzy
- Puppy Love: Sammy Baker has a crush on a girl named Summer and wants to impress her.
- The Quiet One: Shamquea Shannon, who doesn't talk much and when she does it's in a tiny voice that is no louder than a whisper.
- Token Minority: Shamquea, who is the only explicitly non-white character in the book.