A tale of drunken flower fairies, bad violin playing, a multi-national fairy war in the streets of New York, and punk rock.
This book provides examples of:
- Big Applesauce: The setting, it's right there in the title.
- Britain is Only London: Averted; the parts of the UK represented are Scotland and Cornwall.
- Hard-Drinking Party Girl: A fairy who likes the bottle.ll.
- Mob War: But with fairy gangs!
- Our Fairies Are Different: Mainly standard flower fairies, but these guys have ambitions of being punk rockers and have turf wars with other fairy gangs.
- Punk Rock: The titular fairies are doing their best to fit in with the punk stereotypes.
- Urban Fantasy: This is our New York, except magic and fairies lurk just out of sight.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Enforced trope, due to the belief that all punk-rockers need multi-coloured hair to be taken seriously.
- Incest Is Relative: Noted fleetingly; fairies don't care.