Rumors of a mysterious entity in the small, unassuming town of Geschenk Springs draw the attentions of the scholar Yurius Anmiar. The entity, seemingly benevolent, makes its way into people's homes and leaves behind gifts, a behavior that earns the scholar's curiosity, as he seeks to learn more about the being and its motivations. With the aid of his traveling companions, Yurius makes his way to Geschenk Springs and begins his research, determined not to rest until he learns the truth.
Tropes Found in The Gifting Spirit
- Aerith and Bob Characters are named everything from Denorei to Ariana.
- All Myths are True
- Clap Your Hands if You Believe
- Interspecies Romance It is so common there is a worldwide term for the offspring of such romances: qazzam dam
- Yurius (a human) and Denorei (a wood elf) are romantically involved.
- Rythis (a qazzam dam swamp elf and high elf), is in love with Ariana (a human).
- Samaya (a half-elf) and Kroedin (a half-dragon) have mutual, unspoken romantic feelings for the other.
- Ariana (human) and Pramod (god) is implied.
- Make a Wish That is the idea behind this magical being
- Medieval European Fantasy
- Mundane Wish These are the wishes that are allegedly granted by the title character
- Wishing Well Okay, its a tree...but...same thing?
- Camp Cook Not evidenced in The Gifting Spirit, but Yurius is a highly talented chef who regularly cooks for the party while on the road.
- Gentleman and a Scholar
- Most Writers are Writers
- Shipper on Deck For his friends. He often hints at and nudges his friends into romantic relationships. He ships Ariana and Rythis as well as Samaya and Kroedin.
- The Bard
- The Smart Guy The most well-read member of the party, who collects and writes stories for a living.
- Southpaw Advantage: Not always evident, but being a left-handed swordsman gives him an advantage.
- Action Girl While not showcased in the story, she is a skilled fighter
- In Harmony with Nature She is a wood elf, a hunter and she enjoys being outdoors
- Nature Lover
- Nerves of Steel
- Opposites Attract She and Yurius have some things in common, but they mostly seem to be an odd pairing
- Strong Girl, Smart Guy
- Tomboy This is especially evident when she is compared to the other females of the party.
- Blessed with Suck She is what is called a consecrated. This means she has divine magical powers, unnatural amounts of charisma and receives all of the attention that goes along with all of this.
- Fashionable Asymmetry Her hair includes a set of beads and a braid. She also wears her sash off to one side and often wears asymmetrical jewelry and accessories when performing.
- Indifferent Beauty She does not care for the attention she receives and often ignores it, resulting in her zoning out unless somebody goes out of their way to get her attention
- Pals with Jesus She knows Pramod incredibly well for not being one of his clerics.
- Silk Hiding Steel
- Statuesque Stunner She is tall, lithe and remarked by many characters to be beautiful.
- The Bard She is a traveling performer.
- The Charmer
- The Face
- The Social Expert
- Badasses wear Bandanas
- Book Dumb He is illiterate
- Dark-Skinned Blond
- Loveable Rogue Was once a thief and a privateer. He still has those skill sets.
- Satisfied Street Rat
- Street Smart
- Bounty Hunter This is how he makes his money.
- Genius Bruiser Almost as well-read as Yurius, and also a gigantic half-dragon carrying an axe wider than the aforementioned scholar.
- Half-Human Hybrid Half-human, half pearl dragon. He has fangs, horns and a tail. Many half-dragons of Ullord have one or all of those physical feature.
- The Big Guy As a half-dragon, he towers over his friends quite handily.
- Savvy Guy, Energetic Girl The Savvy Guy to Samayas Energetic Girl.
- Warrior Poet
- Badass Bookworm
- Genki Girl
- It Amused Me Why she enjoys taunting others.
- Pint Sized Power House She is very short but a powerful mage.
- Playing with Fire She is a fire mage.
- Savvy Guy, Energetic Girl The Energetic Girl to Kroedins Savvy Guy.
- Shipper on Deck She is a different flavor than Yurius. She ships Ariana and Rythis and she enjoys prodding Rythis about his feelings for Ariana.
- The Gadfly She has shades of this. She enjoys teasing others playfully.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
Pramod, God of Deception
- Consummate Liar It is kind of in his name
- Divine Intervention He is the god who intervenes in mortal affairs the most
- Everybody Hates Hades Hes the god of lies. His reputation isnt exactly stellar amongst mortals. On the other hand, thieves love him
- Manipulative Bastard He even manipulates the gods into doing things.
- Metaphorically True Basically everything he says counts as this.
- The Trickster
Voiced by: Vince Fallow
- Bag of Holding
- Anthropomorphic Personification Of the childrens belief in such a spirit.
- Make a Wish
- Mundane Wish
- Santa Claus Not in the strictest sense, since its not a jolly fat man in red, but it does bring children what they most desire.
- Walking Spoiler The fact that it actually, literally exists is the climax of the story.