The Chupacabra Ate The Candelabra is a piece of Children's Literature written Marc Tyler Nobleman and illustrated by Ana Aranda. It's a Short Story about three goats; Jayna, Bumsie and Pep, and they're attempt to keep the Chupacabra from eating them. It was first published in 2017.
This book provides examples of:
- Balloon Belly: The chupacabra gets one at the end of the book.
- Big Shadow, Little Creature: The chupacabra unwittingly casts a few.
- Chupacabra: A purple chupacabra appears as a threat to the goats, he actually isn't.
- Dedication: Marc to Rafael and Ana to Ro.
- Extreme Omnivore: The chupacabra likes to eat candelabras (chandeliers note ) and cucarachas (cockroaches), ironically does not like to eat them together and upon trying it declares it gross.
- Nervous Wreck: Bumsie is stated on the back of the book as "The Nervous One."
- Scary Shadow Fakeout: Along with Big Shadow, Little Creature, several of the chupacabra's shadows look quite sinister.
- Shout-Out: Quite a few.
- The Smart Guy: Peo is stated on the back of the book as "The Practical One."
- Trademark Favorite Food: The chupacabra's favorite food is cheese, his second is cucarachas (cockroaches) and third is candelabras (chandeliers note ).
- Women Are Wiser: Jayna is stated on the back of the book as "The Clever One."