The Blademourner Trilogy - A Novel is an inaccurately named, satirical vampire short story.
It focuses on James Blademourner and John Deadly, two Vampire Lords, following their journey from the Vampires' orbital space laser defense platform to the Zombie Encampment.
This contains instances of:
- Artistic License Biology: Dislocating your arms apparently makes you an escape artist.
- Idiot Hero: James.
- To illustrate, John provides a sound, reasonable plan for crossing a chasm, by knocking over a tree and crossing it. James then orders all his human slaves to leap into the chasm, making a corpse bridge.
- Insistent Terminology: All references to God or Jesus are prefaced with "Vampire".
- Shaped Like Itself:"The callipygian bulges of his powerfully built buttocks were obvious through the thin leather, prominent and bulging, in a manner reminiscent of something appropriate for use in a simile."
- This Loser Is You: Humans are portrayed in this as dumb cattle, which are kept around for food, and at one point, bridge building materials.