The Birth of Something New works as an independant sequel to Rooting for Romance: but it can still be read independantly. Written by the same guy who wrote Thrown Into Love, The Birth of Something New is about two girls, one sleeping over at the other, telling their secrets as a shocking secret from the past gets more and more revealed.
You can read it here.
Tropes displayed in The Birth of Something New:
- Call-Back: In the very first story the author has published(which is not on Troper Works) called Another Destiny, two characters discuss books. One of those books is called Involuntarily and is about a girl who has gotten raped. Chapter four, in which we find out Eric raped Cindy, is called... you guessed it, Involuntarily.
- Christmas Special: And the reader only finds out in the very end.
- Foreshadowing: Marisa's hate of Eric? Yeah, she hates him with a reason...
- The Glorious War of Sisterly Rivalry: In the first chapter, Gabriëlla and Marisa take this form.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: Marisa briefly offers Cindy to be her sister, as she has none. Cindy declines.
- Like Brother and Sister: Max and Cindy are revealed to be this.
- Only Child Syndrome: Cindy has this.
- Platonic Life-Partners: Max and Cindy.
- Rape as Drama: Eric raped Cindy, and Cindy's appropriately shocked still in the present time of the story, even though it's been seven months.
- Schoolgirl Lesbians: Marisa and Cindy, in the end of the story.
- Sequel: To Rooting for Romance. It can be read independantly, though.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: Gabriëlla is the open one, easily talking to others, while Marisa is more of a shy person.
- Unusual Chapter Naming: The first letters of every chapter eventually form 'Christmas', revealing what the 'special day' really was.
- Tomboy And Girly Girl: Cindy and Marisa.