Tentyrian Legacy is a vampire novel by Elise Walters, published by Permuted Press in 2014.
The legacy begins in the sands of Egypt in a time when an ancient city called Tentyris flourished. Its secretive people, ruled by the Council of the Zodiac, lived peacefully alongside humanity. That time was 53 B.C. More than two millennia later, the power of the Tentyrian people has been all but forgotten. The remnants of memory that live on have been turned into twisted folklore about vampires and astrology.
One girl on the cusp of womanhood is about to discover just how real that folklore is.
With telepathic powers that made her parents send her to a mental institution, Arianna Parker always knew she was differentbut she never thought a job interview would lead to the discovery of her being a prophesied descendant of an ancient Egyptian vampire race. Nor for that matter did she think she would fall in love with Maximos Vasilliadis, a 2,225 year old vampire. Maximos is the creator of the Tentyrian Brotherhooda secret order of warriors, pledged to prevent a catastrophic event predicted to wipe out Earth.
Maximos believes Arianna is a descendant of his kindthe Tentyrian vampiresand she has been destined to lead their cause in saving the world. With her 25th birthday approaching, an event that will change her forever, Arianna finds herself caught in the middle of warring vampiressome of whom intend to use her and her power of telepathy for evil.
From the manicured lawns of Connecticut, to the streets of New York City and an exotic island in the Ionian Sea, Arianna must learn to trust Maximos and her heart if she is to save the world, herself, and the Tentyrian legacy.
- The Ace: Arianna gradually morphs into this.
- Ambiguous Disorder: Subverted. Arianna is diagnosed specifically with schizophrenia. It's a misdiagnosis.
- Asshole Victim: It's impossible to think anyone deserves to be dissected by Nazis. Members of the Dark Coven come close.
- Big Bad: Stavros.
- Big Good: Hathor It doesn't last.
- Later, Maximos takes over the role.
- Broken Bird: Subverted. Arianna is a Broken Bird who gets better.
- Corrupt Corporate Executive: The Dark Coven is composed of these. Maximos is a subversion.
- FaceHeel Turn: Laura. Except, not really.
- The Fair Folk: The Tentyrians resemble this.
- Fake Defector: Laura.
- Fantastic Racism: The Dark Coven to humans.
- Friendly Neighborhood Vampires: The Tentyrians are more or less this in spades. The Dark Coven? Not so much.
- Ladykiller in Love: Maximos is one of these.
- Happiness in Slavery: The Guardians aren't really slaves since they can leave anytime they want and get centuries of life out of the deal but it's true they have lives of lifetime subservience.
- Honest Corporate Executive: Maximos uses his corporation to make homes for disadvantaged families.
- Kick the Dog: The Dark Coven's subordinates murder Arianna's dog.
- Her mother attempting to have Arianna committed Later, she tries to set up a fake marriage for her.
- Lonely Rich Kid: Arianna. Justified (by her parents) due to her "schizophrenia."
- The Mentor: Raad takes this role with Arianna.
- N.G.O. Superpower: The Dark Coven has accumulated wealth since Ancient Egypt.
- So have the Tentyrians.
- Omnicidal Maniac: The Dark Coven want to kill all but a fraction of humanity.
- Omniscient Morality License: Hathor had one of these due to her astoundingly accurate visions of the future. This gets discussed in-universe.
- Our Vampires Are Different: The Tentyrians are born vampires but can also change mortals. They possess psychic powers and have few traditional weaknesses.
- Physical Gods: The Tetyrians are believed to be this by the Egyptians.
- Psychic Powers: The Tentyrians possess these.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Raad is the only doctor who sees interested in actually treating Arianna.
- Sacrificial Lion: Raad.
- Sliding Scale of Vampire Friendliness: Tentyrian vampires are near the top but their creations need decades of training to control their hunger.
- Vampires Are Rich: The Dark Coven and Tentyrian Covens are ridiculously wealthy.
- Vampires Are Sex Gods: Subverted. Only a few are like Maximos.
- Western Zodiac: The Tetyrian covens are based on this.