How many of you have enjoyed a sleepover with members of the opposite sex? When you were young, that magical age of life full of emotion, discovery and hormones? Did something, ahem, special happened then? Do you cherish/regret/laugh at those memories?
Sometimes, the biggest lessons in life come from the most unexpected places. Yep, those that are supposed to last you an entire life.
Storybro's Magically Lewd Sleepover Adventure is a rather lengthy story written by an anonymous poster on a certain imageboard in March - April, 2014, in the infamous /r9k/ board. It records his rather traumatic, erotic and soul-crushing experiences after being granted a chance at a sleepover with 5 teenage women. The story is often cited for having an immense amount of detailing and a first-hand perspective that accurately reflects the situations and experiences of a teenager growing up in 2005, in addition to being chock full of thousands of hidden pop-culture references to things from the time period, or common internet culture.
Also, the realism of the characters, the accuracy to the time period and the consistent poor decisions of the main character support the general opinion that the story is probably more real than you might imagine. The author continually echoed the sentiment that "enough of it was true to matter, and the rest was simply artistic license to make it flow".
At a grand total of approximately 400 pages, it takes the current record as "Longest Greentext Ever Written".
Can be read here.
This series provides examples of:
- Abusive Parents — Raven, particularly her father.
- Accidental Murder — Storybro jokes at several points in the story that Blondie is trying to kill him, when in reality she's just clumsy or too rough with him. In one of his updates, he even changes the typical opening to reflect him dying/getting knocked out.
- All Love Is Unrequited — Raven at first since waaaaay before the sleepover, and Blondie later once the main character successfully conquers and later dumps her.
- All Men Are Perverts — Storybro himself is a teenager, so it's not odd that he tries to have sex with the female cast, but there's also...
- All Women Are Lustful — The girls in the story seem to want a piece of him themselves, some more than others.
- And Knowing Is Half the Battle — Storybro gives some actual advice and descriptions to various sensations, feelings, and thoughts, usually ending it with "YW Lonely Anons," or some other variation.
- Berserk Button — Do not play with Raven's emotions. She will either hurt others or try to hurt herself.
- Broken Bird — Raven due to an abusive father. But every girl gets their fair share of this due to the main character's actions.
- Butt-Monkey — Homely is straight up ignored by the main character. Never does she have a chance to score. Main charatcer explains that her ample bosom cannot make up for her horrible personality and that's why he neves considers her part of the harem.
- Buxom Is Better — Invoked with both Blondie and Birthday. Homely is apparently well endowed as well, but is too annoying for Storybro to actually enjoy it.
- The Casanova — The main character plays the whole situation trying to achieve this and it works. For a few moments, at least.
- Chick Magnet— Due to being the lone male, and constant teasing, Storybro gets quite a bit of this.
- Childhood Friend Romance — By the end, Storybro and Raven end up dating.
- Deconstruction — A brutal one of anime's portrayal of harems, love and sex.
- Downer Ending: Let's just say that this story doesn't have the happiest ending. Storybro stated that it gets better, saying that his friendship with Birthday came back, but Blondie never comes into good terms with the circle of friends ever again.
- Femme Fatale — Good lord, Glasses. Not only is she the first one to have sex with Storybro, she later uses this as a bit of blackmail on him. At the same time, however, she is probably the reason Storybro isn't ripped to shreds by the end of the story.
- Fiery Redhead — Homely, but in a more violent way.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold — Blondie is the sweetest and most considerate of the girls, even if she does accidentally injure the narrator several times. She is often times trying to help everyone throughout the story, even offering to help cook.
- Heroic BSoD — Several characters actually go through this. It happens to Storybro once when he decides not to confront a problem because he's so upset at Raven drinking way more alcohol than her body could possibly handle.
- Hidden Depths — Many of the girls have snippets of their own lives mentioned, but Raven gets significantly more backstory than anyone else, along with the later discovery of being childhood friends with the author.
- Idiot Hero — You're probably going to get upset at Storybro several times over the course of the story for poor decisions in handling the situation. You must remember however that he is just a teenager at this point.
- Improbably Female Cast — Justified, the main character was invited over to a girl's sleepover, and is therefore the only male in the main story outside mentions of parents.
- Jerkass — The main character is this in spades. Understandable being a completely inexperienced, horny teenager, but plenty of his choices are straight-up cruelty.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold — Despite the violence and anger he shows to Raven for endangering herself, its clear that he does care for her. Particularly when he scares her and realizes he's acting like her own father, yelling at her that he's not him, and showing us he doesn't want to lose her as a friend, even while intoxicated and confused.
- Meaningful Name — See below with No Name Given.
- No Name Given — Every single character, to hide their real identities. Instead, Storybro identifies each character in a different way; Raven and Blondie for their hair color, Homely for her personality, Birthday for being the birthday girl, and Glasses for her, well, glasses.
- Oblivious to Love — It's only after Storybro and Raven have sex that she admits that all this time, she's had feelings for him.
- Reality Ensues — Storybro realizes the hard way that various happenings in anime don't quite work the same way in real life. And that through all his flirting, it ends up hurting everyone much more than he wanted.
- Really Gets Around: Storybro somehow manages to at least make out each girl. He himself usually doesn't stop it from happening.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech — Given to Storybro a couple times, as the girls call him out for being a flirt and trying to score with everyone that he can.
- Series Mascot — Woody, specifically one with an odd looking face, was used for each thread opener and post. The story link above even has mediafire links with a whopping 1422 images used.
- Shower of Love — Storybro and Raven end up in this trope, although not without some problems.
- Slumber Party — The whole basis of the story is Storybro, our narrator, being invited to Birthday's sleepover.
- Stupid Sexy Friend — Storybro to Glasses. It doesn't help that while he's trying to pair up with the other girls, she's reminding him about it and even has sex with him again.
- The Tease — Glasses loves to tease the main character and even has sex with him at least once.
- Their First Time — Storybro and Glasses share their firsts on Birthday's bed.
- The Un-Favourite — Homely is barely given a sliver of praise. Word of God says that she is actually pretty, her nickname indicating her personality more.> Nobody cares what happened to homely.
- Would Hit a Girl — Storybro with Raven, which seems to be normal for them growing up as childhood friends. The main character also has hits and kicks at the girls to get away and defend himself in many situations.