Stories of Nypre is a fantasy series written by author Thomas Alcorn with cover art by Mary Kelly. The series follows the titular character Nypre. On their sixteenth birthday, twins Nypre and Deren are finally going to be taught magic as promised by their mother Wonik. Wonik, being the guardian of wind, is eager to teach the brothers. Things go well in Nypre's life until a mysterious traveler by the name of Ryan appears in the nearby town looking for escorts to Lumin. Nypre and Deren are volunteered, and the adventure begins.
There are currently two books in the unfinished series.
- Waters of Aqnis
Contains Examples of
- Action Mom: Both Wonik and Meni
- Aerith and Bob: Characters include: Ryan, Jordan, Tawarln.
- Always Identical Twins: Nypre and Deren are identical after all
- Anti-Magic: Dragon metal armor, used by the soldiers of Lumin.
- Big Bad: The as of yet unnamed 'creature of the night' that controls the Night Land. The Night Land itself may also apply.
- Black Magician Girl: Maryine fits this almost perfectly despite being limited on powers for most of the second book.
- The Captain: The Captain. His name is said only once in the second book, and he is referred to as only the captain from then on.
- Character Title:
- Church Militant: Pretty much the entire city of Lumin
- Dream Within a Dream: More of a Nightmare Within A Nightmare
- Elemental Powers: The magic revolves around the four elements.
- Fantastic Racism: People of the Falkner Territory sure hate elves.
- Floating Water: The crazy captain in the second book talks about an entire floating ocean, hovering just above the normal one.
- Giant Spider: The most common of creatures under the Night Land's control.
- Magic A Is Magic A: Each of the words used in the casting of spells have specific meanings.
- Making a Splash: The preferred tactic of water mages.
- Nightmare Sequence: A chapter in the first book mixes this with Dream Within a Dream
- The Night That Never Ends: The Night Land, a place of eternal night, is the main antagonist.
- Religious Bruiser: Norris, of course.
- Suicide Mission: The trip to the layer of water in the second book.