Spider-Man: Global War is a 1996 Spider-Man novel by Marin Delrio. Spidey and Captain America have to stop a plot by Doctor Octopus to Take Over the World by manipulating Doctor Doom and the rest of the world into a war.
- Big Bad: Doc Ock himself is the mastermind behind a plot to start the titular global war.
- Despotism Justifies the Means: Doc Ock will stop at nothing, up to and including nuclear power, to conquer the world.
- EMP: Doc Ock plans to cause communication silence using an electromagnetic pulse to interrupt any signals, thus preventing the rest of the world from communicating with Doctor Doom before they can talk him pout of starting a war.
- Motive Rant: Doc Ock gives a speech detailing his desire to take over the world near the end.
- Nuke 'em: Doc Ock wants to provoke a nuclear war by using fissile materials against Latveria.
- Take Over the World: Doc Ock desires global domination, and everything he accomplishes is a part of this goal.