Every seven years on the seventh day of the seventh month, strange things happen.
Caleb Hawkins, Fox ODell and Gage Turner inadvertently unleashed a devastating force on the town of Hawkins Hollow on their shared tenth birthday. The effects of this evil force cause the townsfolk of Hawkins Hollow to behave violently toward one another with the effects ending after seven days, the affected being almost unaware of their own actions during the seven.This year is different. The effects and influence of the demon responsible are being seen earlier than ever and with more devastating effects than ever before.The six protagonists intend to make this the end of the seven forever by destroying the unleashed demon.
The Sign of Seven Trilogy has examples of these tropes:
- Blood Brothers: Caleb, Fox and Gage do this on their shared tenth birthday.
- Blood Magic: This was how the demon was sealed and unleashed.
- Big Bad: Evil Bastard, AKA the demon unleashed by Caleb, Fox and Gage.
- Healing Factor: Cal, Fox and Gage have all had this since their blood brothers ritual
- Numerological Motif: This is done with 2, 3, 6, 7 and 21. All significant in some way or another.
- Psychic Powers: All six of the main characters have them to some extent.