Duchess Orobelle is the knot that holds the universes together. This is the legacy her late mother left her: if she dies, all reality would come to an end. She sits at the centre of a trouble history between Four Houses, a split matriarchy which together claims land in three universes as their own.
For all twelve years of her life, Orobelle has grappled with plots foisted upon her by the Diamond Duchy's long history of meddling in the affairs of the Houses. But none of the plots so far have been quite like this one. One night, she wakes up to the city centre destroyed, fifty civilians dead, and a ransom note hanging from her window that demands her life in exchange for the safety of her protector's niece, Freesia.
Orobelle soon learns that this threat comes not from any of the three known universes, but from far beyond them. More news cascades in. The eight heroes of scripture, said to hold her power in balance, are determined by scientists to live beyond their three universes. A tunnel into a fourth universe is discovered.
Orobelle decides she must gather the eight to defend her, and sets off to find them, each of whom lives in their own universe. None of them are aware that any universe other than their own exists, or know what their bizarre abilities entail. They are simply living out their lives, coming to terms with their strange powers, and trying to live in spite of them...
This web serial provides examples of:
- Britain Is Only London: All the important events that have happened in England so far have taken place in London.
- Death World: The Second World is a younger earth that's covered almost entirely in desert plains, mountain ranges and volcanoes, and is mostly barren and inhospitable to life.
- Decadent Court: The Four Houses of Wonderland, and many other royal and noble houses across it, are exceptionally prone to being this. It runs in the family.
- The Dulcinea Effect: This may or may not have been at play when Felix decided he had to break Adelaide out of the laboratory almost as soon as he found out about her existence.
- The Multiverse: Revolving Door features a system of 12 universes, each one a fully-developed alternate reality that diverges from ours to different degrees. Our reality, in fact, is one of the twelve in this system.
- Superhero Prevalence Stages: An Early Stage story with generally one superpowered individual per universe, with exceptions in Worlds 1 and 12.
- Tastes Like Friendship: Between Curia and Honourless.
- World of Action Girls: The main cast is overwhelmingly female, and of these, the vast majority of the women can be considered badasses in their own right. The men on a whole tend to be milder and less combat-inclined.