Millions of years in the future, humans are gone, and the land of Singara is ruled by bipedal lions. The lions, called Singas, believe in fact and have outlawed fiction. They previously had a war with the Maguar, and constantly prepare for another attack. Leo, prince of Singara, is secretly a "spinner", who tells stories at random moments and can make the characters come to life. Meanwhile, his traitorous cousin attempts to take the throne. The first book, The Spinner Prince, came out in 2018, and a sequel came out in July, 2019.
Pride Wars contains examples of:
- Action Girl: Several. Anjali is a skilled warrior who killed a slaycon in record time. Captain Sariah and Biku are part of a soldier quadron. Zoya and Amara are both training as fighters at the Academy. General Dagan is famous as a war hero.
- A Dog Named "Dog": Leo the lion. Lampshaded.That makes my name, Leo, the most unimaginative and generic name possible. It's like naming a goat Goat or calling a deer Deer.
- Funny Animal: Millions of years in the future, lions have evolved to be bipedal and intelligent, with Humanlike Hand Anatomy and technology.
- Gender-Equal Ensemble: Leo's quadron has two males (Leo and Stick), and two females (Zoya and Anjali).
- Genius Bruiser: Singas are expected to be great scientists as well as warriors.
- The Hero: Leo is the protagonist and narrator of the story.
- The Sneaky Guy: Stick excels at stealth.
- World of Badass: Almost every character is trained to fight.