Ryan "Quicksave" Romano is an eccentric adventurer with a strange power: he can create a save-point in time and redo his life whenever he dies. Arriving in New Rome, the glitzy capital of sin of a rebuilding Europe, he finds the city torn between mega-corporations, sponsored heroes, superpowered criminals, and true monsters. It's a time of chaos, where potions can grant the power to rule the world and dangers lurk everywhere.
Ryan only sees different routes; and from Hero to Villain, he has to try them all. Only then will he achieve his perfect ending... no matter how many loops it takes.
This story provides examples of:
- Chekhov's Gun: The orbital satellite that escapes the Carnival's grasp is eventually used by Adam to attack New Rome.
- Color-Coded Wizardry: There are seven known groups of Elixirs. Each power is associated with a color: Red for Energy, Orange for Matter, Yellow for Concepts, Green for Life, Blue for Information, Violet for Space-time, and White for Meta-powers. And then hidden eighth color, Black for True Chaos.
- Eldritch Location: Monaco teleports anyone who enters it into the Monte Carlo, A casino with never ending rooms, Hallways, and various servants that go hostile when the casino "closes".
- Great Offscreen War: The Genome Wars caused by the advent of superpowers from the Elixirs lead to a war that reshaped the world with a supervillain called Mechron being a major player.
- Ignored Confession: Ryan told everyone he met for the first time that he's immortal, but no one seems to believe him anyway. His Catchphrase is "I'm immortal, but don't tell anyone!"
- Improbable Aiming Skills: Fortuna kills two people with one shot during the first attack on Rust Town. Likewise, Ryan sucessfuly shoots a matchstick falling in midair. The latter because of literal decades of practice throughout dozens of loops. The former is just because she's just that lucky.
- I Will Find You: Ryan dubbed finding his Childhood Friend Len as one of his most important Main Quest.
- Killer Rabbit: Ryan's ultimate weapon is a rabbit plushie he created in a deep-work trance session while in his underwear.
- Mass Super-Empowering Event: A mysterious someone sent Elixirs by package to a randomly selected population of the world, giving some people superpowers and changing the world overnight.
- Mega-Corp: Dynamis, One of New Rome's major factions, is this. They have influence in almost every industry, employs several Genomes, And is frequently mentioned to underpay and mistreat its workers.
- More Dakka: Ryan pulls out several firearms and uses them all to try and hit Fortuna. Her powers make him miss all shots.
- Offscreen Moment of Awesome: During his attempts to free everyone trapped in Monaco, Ryan goes on an adventure where he masters particle physics, And builds a device that can create an exit from Monaco using parts of CERN's hadron collider. We don't see the entire process on how he does this.
- Powered Armor: Vulcan and Zanbato wield one during battle.
- Really 700 Years Old: A guesstimate from Pluto reveals that Ryan's real age is in the range of 550-1000 years old.
- The Precious, Precious Car: Ryan loves his Plymouth Fury to the point when Mosquito destroys it he immediately declares the current loop a failure and kills both of them with an atom bomb to reset the loop so he won't be in a world where his car is destroyed.
- The Shadow Knows: The Plushie's shadow is the shape of a monster with tentacles, appendages, and geometry defying comprehension.
- Save Scumming: Ryan's main superpower is the ability to create a save point and whenever he dies go back to the point of time where he last 'saved'.
- Superpower Lottery: Augustus was part of the 0.01% of the population that managed to drink two Elixirs without degenerating into a Psycho. It made him so powerful that he turned his mob into an N.G.O. Superpower.
- Time Stands Still: The public use of Ryan's power allows him to stop time for up to ten seconds with it having a cooldown of how many 'seconds' time was frozen from Ryan's perspective.
- With Great Power Comes Great Insanity: Looping for a long time is making Ryan unhinged and impulsive, sometimes throwing crude jokes at inappropriate times, breaking rules left and right, and intentionally offending his allies and enemies Just For Fun.
- Also, this is usually what happens when a person drinks two or more Elixirs at once. Sure, they get both powers, but they become raging maniacs, constantly searching for more Elixirs to consume. This is on top of a number of horrific full-body mutations they suffer from.
- Would Hurt a Child: Adam and Psychock have no qualms with sending orphaned children to die fighting Mechron's bunker.