Outsourced is a self-published novel written by William Maldonado that tells the tale of Isaac Fisher. Isaac is a man who works a sales position at an adult DVD company. He hates his job, but has had no luck finding new work over the course of seven years and requires the money to pay for a gender reassignment surgery. He has long grown up feeling awkward about his body and has kept these facts as a dark little secret that he's finally ready to work through.
However, one day at work, he witnesses an employee being manhandled by security, and this brings him under the eye of Security Officer Felix, a man who then makes his work life a living hell. On top of this, Isaac has to deal with his relation to his family, none of whom has any idea of what Isaac had been saving for all this time.
In the background is a discussion on what issues cloning may cause in the near future, which Isaac promptly ignores given where he is in life.
Outsourced provides examples of:
- Author Appeal - The author has no issues with the porn industry and dislikes clubbing
- Berserk Button - Assumptions on Isaac's life choice tends to result in this
- Conflict Ball - A lot of Isaac's problems could have been solved if he opened up.
- Cool Big Sis - Exactly why Isaac stays friendly with and opens up to Nina
- Let's Just Be Friends: One reason why Isaac hasn't started a serious relationship.
- They're Called "Personal Issues" for a Reason: One reason Isaac waited this long to tell anyone about his wishes.
- Twist Ending: But only because the build up was treated as a subplot.
- Verbed Title: