It follows the story of the thirteen year old Oksa Pollock who moved from Paris to London with her family. There she learns the secret of her family:
They once lived in an magical world called Edefia which was ruled by Oksas great-grandmother. After some bad decisions of her, a few people tried to take over Edefia and Oksas grandmother had to flee with some friends (but without her mother) to our world. Now Oksa is the only hope for her family (and also other people from Edefia who aren't related to her) to get back to Edefia.
The series has six volumes:
- L'Inespérée (2007)
- La forêt des égarés (2010)
- Le coeur des deux mondes (2011)
- Les liens maudits (2012)
- Le règne des félons (2012)
- La dernière étoile (2013)
The first four volumes were already released in English by Pushkin Press:
- The Last Hope (2013)
- The Forest of Lost Souls (2014)
- The Heart of Two Worlds (2015)
- Tainted Bonds (2016)
It is planned to make a movie out of the series.
- Action Girl: Oksa.
- A Hero Is Born: In the prologue of the first book, Oksas father sees his new-born daughter for the first time.
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: Tugdual is the bad boy to Oksa.
- Childhood Friends: Oksa and Gus.
- Childhood Friend Romance: Oksa falls in love with her childhood friend gus.
- Crazy Jealous Guy: Gus is jealous because of the friendship between Oksa and Tugdual.
- Betty and Veronica: Gus (Betty) and Tugdual (Veronica) for Oksa. Merlin can also count as a Betty
- Grand Theft Me: Zelda was posessed by Mc Graw in the second book.
- Hollywood Satanism: Part of the backstory of Tugdual. Although he hasn't killed virgins or something he used to make clichéd satanic rituals (like drinking blood) with his friends because they hoped they could gain some magical powers. He wasn't very pleased after he learned that he in fact has magical powers and he just had to wait until he reached a certain age to use them.
- Switching P.O.V.: Although the most chapters are told by Oksa there are also chapters told by other characters.
- The Last Title: The Last Hope
- Love Dodecahedron: It started all with a simple love triangle between Oksa, Tugdual and Gus until it was revealed that Merlin was secretly in love with Oksa in the second book. Zoé is also in love with Gus. It was also implied that Gus fell in love with Tugduals cousin Kukka while Oksa was in Edefia in the third and fourth book
- Muggle-and-Magical Love Triangle: Gus is a boy who can't use the magical abilitys of the people from Edefia (but he knows about Edefia because he was adopted by descendants of people from Edefia) and Tugdual has the magical abilitys. Oksa has to choose between them.
- The "The" Title: The original titles of the books and their English translations of the titles (exept the one of Tainted Bonds of course).