My Sister the Vampire is a series of American novels aimed at young girls.
The series follows a pair of long-lost twin sisters named Olivia Abbott and Ivy Vega (they were separated as babies and adopted into different families when they were a year old). After Olivia and her adoptive parents move to the town of Franklin Grove due to a job transfer, Olivia eventually discovers that, in addition to her and Ivy being long-lost twin sisters, Ivy's also a hiding a very grave secret.
My Sister the Vampire contains examples of:
- Alpha Bitch: Charlotte Brown (at least at first).
- Beta Couple: Ivy and Brendan to Jackson and Olivia. Occasionally, however, this switches depending on the situation
- Broken Masquerade: The existence of vampires for Olivia. This why no vampire attempts to do anything rash, expect perhaps the beasts
- The Cheerleader: Olivia is a type 2, Charlotte is a type 1.
- Changeling Fantasy:
- Olivia and Ivy discover that they are long-list twin sisters.
- Ivy eventually reveals to Olivia that she's a vampire (along with most of the other goths in Franklin Grove).
- The twins discover that Ivy's "adoptive father" is actually their biological father.
- The twins discover that they're also vampire royalty (their biological father is the son of a count).
- Deadpan Snarker: Ivy. Most of the Goths also qualify.
- Death Glare: Ivy is a master of this and Olivia also becomes an expert
- Muggles: The vampires use "Bunny" as their slang term for humans.
- Long Lost Sibling: Olivia and Ivy discover early on in the first book of the series that they're sisters.
- Orphan's Plot Trinket: Until the twins discovers that Ivy's "adoptive father" is their biological father, the only thing they had from their biological parents were these emerald rings—according to the conditions of their adoption, their adoptive parents gave them the rings once they turned ten. Olivia wears the ring on her finger while Ivy wears it as a pendant around her neck.
- Rags to Riches: Date With Destiny has Transylvania maid Tessa marry Prince Alex; the entire novel is based on her wedding. Bear in mind that before, she was a Shrinking Violet in Love Bites. Olivia and Ivy also count.
- Secret-Keeper: Olivia ultimately becomes this to the vampire community as a whole while Sophia (Ivy's best friend since they were four) was initially this after discovering that Ivy and Olivia are twin sisters (as well as the fact that Olivia knew about the whole vampire thing).