On May 4th, 2020, it was confirmed to finally be releasing on August 4th, 2020.
Midnight Sun provides examples of:
- Artistic License Physics:
- Bella's blood would not actually cool in the five seconds it would take Edward to kill the rest of the class.
- Edward can run on snow without leaving tracks or indentations, despite weighing the same as a human man his size. Because screw forces being equal and opposite, that's why.
- He also stays cold regardless of the temperature of the air around him. Clearly one of his vampire powers is immunity to entropy and the Second Law of Thermodynamics.
- The Atoner: Edward is full of guilt over killing people...
- ...yet at the same time ponders killing all the Quileutes, since they all think werewolves are nothing but a myth. His exact phrase is "slaughter the defenseless tribe on the coast."
- Conveniently Coherent Thoughts: Everyone seems to think in (usually) complete, plot-relevant sentences. This seems to be actually treated as how things work rather than a Translation Convention, as the narration contains statements such as "His thoughts were no longer coherent." (as if coherence were the default state.)
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: Intentionally or not, Edward's inner monologue frequently evokes school shooters. Some have compared it to a stalker/pedophile/rapist/serial killer's how-to guide. His inner monologue on going after Bella when she's at home and her father's away comes off as if he's planning to rape her.
- Another exchange with a school secretary feels alarmingly like the dialogue scene at the beginning of a porno.
- Emo Teen: Half the cast.
- Hypocrite: Edward constantly complains about how shallow teenagers and humans in general are, constantly looking down on them and calling them silly, and yet he's just as shallow when it comes to his thoughts about Bella. Really he's probably more immature than most of the teens in Forks.
- Lampshade Hanging: On Edward's stalking factor."Id just admitted to stalking her, and she was smiling."
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Edward is supposed to be one.
- Perspective Flip: Obviously.
- Pun: When Edward flees from Fork to escape the temptation to kill Bella, he goes to Alaska, the state nicknamed Land of the Midnight Sun.
- Stalking Is Love: Slightly deconstructed in that Edward berates himself for his stalker behavior. Slightly because he still does it anyways, and despite acknowledging in words that it is creepy does not seem to have corresponding feelings about it.
- You're Cute When You're Angry: Edward Cullen is all about this, repeatedly calling Bella a "furious kitten that thinks it's a tiger" and variants.