Mahou Shoujo The Glowing (or L'incandescente if you want to be fancy) is a Web Serial Novel being posted on Fictionpress.com by a troper called Electric Nova, who wanted to try out writing the Magical Girl genre.
Many years ago, a freak event known as "The glow" annhilated a city called Byview. Years later, the town has been rebuilt, but danger is on the rise.
A young girl called Colette is forced to become a magical girl when she is attacked by the beings known as "Outsiders". She meets a fellow magical girl, known as Jennifer and the story unfolds from there.
The author has stated multiple times that they don't think it's particularly good, as they are a novice writer and don't have much experience, but whether that's true or not is up to you.
Link to the story on Fictionpress is here https://www.fictionpress.com/s/3231321/1/Mahou-Shoujo-L-incandescent
The story is now finished, with a prologue and 15 chapters.
Mahou Shoujo The Glowing contains example of:
- Action Girl: All the magical girls are proficient in combat, and this mainly what they do.
- Apocalypse How: The destruction of old Byview is in the class of focused destruction, and the severity is physical annhilation. That's what it appears to be, anyway. In actuality they're transported to another dimension.
- Ax-Crazy: Imogen's....other persona.
- Big Bad: Appears at first to be Imogen. It turns out that it's actually the Glow itself that fulfills this role.
- Big Fancy House: Jennifer's mansion.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: What happened to Imogen by The glow to make her how she is.
- Eldritch Abomination: The glow. It's a sentient, disembodied cosmic force from another dimension that uses magical girls as energy batteries and as vessels for itself.
- Elegant Gothic Lolita: With her clothing style, Jennifer is described as looking like this.
- Emotionless Girl: Imogen's usual persona.
- Girly Bruiser: Overlaps with action girl in that all of the magical girls are fighters and also feminine. Sarah averts the bruiser part, due to having no powers.
- Lonely Rich Kid: Hinted at by Jennifer when she laments that she was never allowed to go out to eat or go to the cinema as a child.
- Magical Girl: Obviously.
- Manic Pixie Dream Girl: Jennifer comes into Colette's life, introduces her to being a magical girl, and Helps her get over Sarah's death. They eventually enter a romantic relationship.
- Mega Twintails: Colette is described as getting these when she transforms.
- The Heart: Sarah fulfills this role until Her untimely death.