Magical Annals Amor And Augurs is book two of the Magical Annals series. It directly follows the events of Literature/Magical Annals Antiquities and Arcana. Thus, some spoilers may happen if you read this page before reading book one.
Windfire and Nightshade are now married and have agreed to help Riverrose claim the bounty on Earthwind and and any other member of the Simon family that can be found. After their near deaths, Windfire, Nightshade and Riverrose seek the advice of Silverwolf on exactly what they should do to gain more power.
Meanwhile, bizarre instances of deja vu begin happening to witches who do not have psychic abilities. Finding this to be a curious development that had never happened before in modern history to witches without psychic abilities, Nightshade's father begins trying to find answers.
Tropes Associated with Amor and Augurs
- A Threesome Is Hot Hinted at and discussed briefly in story.
- Black Blood Well, humans bleed red, commoner witches bleed blue and royal witches bleed silver.
- Idiosyncratic Episode Naming Antiquities and Arcana into Amor and Augurs
- Maybe Magic, Maybe Mundane About the religious beliefs and superstitions held by witches.
- Sex Magic Silverwolf explains a ceremony really on in the story. Basically it equates to this.
- Green-Eyed Monster Averted. Despite everything that happens throughout the story, he never once shows a drop of jealousy with Windfire and Riverrose's relationship.
- Bounty Hunter
- Courtly Love He feels this for Windfire and shows it with affection. He also respects her marriage and is friends with her husband.
- Cute Little Fangs
- Friendship as Courtship
- Intimate Haircut Subverted. Nightshade gives him the haircut. This is done as part of the ceremony of marriage between Riverrose and Windfire. Also nothing sexual or romantic happens between Nightshade and Riverrose. They are both in love with Windfire and they both have a sexual relationship with her. So effectively, he is preparing to give his wife to the other man.
- Smells Sexy He had never changed his thoughts on Windfire's scent between books.
- Slipknot Ponytail His hairstyle becomes this.
- Walking the Multiverse Via The Cave of Leylines Yep. He still does this.
- The Reveal Nightfire has two of these.
- The first moment is off-screen and it is discussed afterward. Windfire and Riverrose devise a way to have their privacy protected. They charm a necklace he wears. The charm creates an illusion that his hair is still long as it appeared to be before he let Nightshade cut his hair for his marriage to Windfire. Nightshade was still asleep when they devised this idea and since illusions don't work on him anyhow, he had no idea that there was an illusion done to something Riverrose wore. Nor was he awake to tell them about his family's inability to fall for illusion magic. So things get awkward.
- Nightfire also speaks to the seers. And they explain that something in the timeline is going awry and that time will repeat itself in order to correct the deviation from the normal path if something is not done.
The Simon family is descended from the ancient ogre. They have medium to tan skin and are almost entirely brunette. Their family members are taller than the other witch families, have horns and fangs. Their eyes have hypnotic powers.