Final Destination: Looks Could Kill is a novel written by Nancy A. Collins; published by Black Flame in 2005, it is the fifth Final Destination book.
When an upcoming starlet is horribly disfigured trying to save her friends, she is given an unexpected second chance. All she has to do is help Death do away with her friends.
Looks Could Kill contains tropes such as:
- Asshole Victim: This novel takes this a step further with a group of Ungrateful Bastards who completely abandon the heroine after she's physically scarred saving everyone. She then strikes a deal with Death to help kill everyone in exchange for getting her looks back.
- Birth/Death Juxtaposition: Double Subversion. Gunter Nonhoff dies just minutes before his wife starts to have the baby. Just when Death is about claim both of them, Sherry grows a heart and leaves her room, sparing Cabernet and allowing her to have the baby.
- Deadpan Snarker: Gunter Nonhoff.
- Death by Irony: Rose had an eating disorder and always longed to be thinner than she already was. Let's just say she got her wish.
- Final Girl: Cabernet.
- Half the Man He Used to Be: Gunter Nonhoff.
- Parental Incest: Turns out one of the models is the offspring of a man who repeatedly raped his daughter. And that was the least of his sins.
- Redemption Equals Death: Sherry decides to spare Cabernet's life after realizing she's not a Jerkass after all. Cue incoming bus driven by Death himself one year later.
- Scary Black Man: If the books End of the Line and Looks Could Kill are any indication, this is Death's preferred form when interacting directly with people.
- Super Drowning Skills: Chardonnay, boiled to death in a hot tub.
- Tempting Fate: Oh, Brut...
- Very Loosely Based on a True Story: The father of one of the main characters was based on Ronald Simmons.
- Villain Protagonist: Sherry.