King of the Dinosaurs: Tyrannosaurus Rex (2003) is a small pocket book about the Tyrannosaurus rex and to a lesser extent dinosaurs as a whole. It was published by Flying Frog Publishing. It is only sold as part of the King of the Dinosaurs pack.
The book is divides it's contents in these's categories:
- Birth of the Dinosaur
- The Time of Dinos
- What Is a Dinosaur?
- What Isn't a Dinosaur?
- T-Rex Fact File
- King of the Dinosaurs
- Crushing Jaws
- Claws of Death
- Sensing Danger
- Hunter or Scavenger?
- Close Relatives
- Enemy Territory
- Dino Talk
- Places to Visit
This book provides examples of:
- Artistic License – Paleontology: Unfortunately it has a few, though perhaps the greatest is that it states that the dinosaurs died out only 5 million years ago as opposed to the standard 65 million years on one page. This could; however, be a typo since the book later states the correct time.
- Beware My Stinger Tail: The Enemy Territory section of the book is dedicated to Ankylosaurus, which makes note of it's tail club.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: It's a book about the T-Rex, the king of the dinosaurs.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: A few predator animals; including T. rex, are portrayed in their illustrations as having red eyes and all are presumably dangerous.
- Terrifying Tyrannosaur: Downplayed, the book loves to get into describing the power and ferocity that a T. rex possess, but still makes it clear that the T. rex was still just an animal trying to survive.
- Tough Armored Dinosaur: The Enemy Territory section of the book is dedicated to Ankylosaurus, which is described as being tough and tank-like.
- Toys: As part of the King of the Dinosaurs pack it comes with a 3D T. rex puzzle, which is kept inside a toy egg.