A fantasy series by Mary Janice Davidson and Anthony Alongi featuring the titular teenage half were-dragon half-beaststalker (a warrior race). The series is aimed at a young adult audience and currently has five books:
- Jennifer Scales and the Ancient Furnace in which Jennifer discovers her heritage.
- Jennifer Scales and the Messenger of Light in which she protects her family from her revengeful half sister.
- The Silver Moon Elm in which she reverses an attempt of changing the past and eliminating her people.
- Seraph of Sorrow is mainly about the back stories of other characters. In the end of this book Jennifer's town is magically isolated.
- Rise of the Poisoned Moon in which Jennifer tries to stop the war between weredragons and beaststalkers and saves her town. In the end of this book weredragons are discovered by the general public and the military starts killing them.
There's also a forthcoming sixth book Evangelina featuring Jennifer's half sister.
This series features examples of:
- Bond Creature: Beaststalkers, weredragons and werearachnids can summon and control birds, reptiles and arthropods respectively.
- Casting a Shadow: One of Evangelos's powers.
- Fantastic Racism: Weredragons, beaststalkers and werarachnid towards each other.
- First Boy Wins: Eddie. No relation.
- Fusion Dance: Evangelos has five human components, which join together when he changes into his were form.
- Good Parents: Jennifer's parents truly love their daughter and each other.
- Hunter of Monsters: Beasthunters obviously.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Jennifer, for a given value of the term "human" given beasthunters nonhuman abilities.
- Hybrid Monster: Evangelos. Half were-spider, half were-dragon.
- Ironic Name: The twisted, monstrous villain with darkness-related powers is named Evangelos, which means "Messenger of Light".
- Our Werebeasts Are Different: The heroine is a weredragon. There are also werearachnids.
- Samus Is a Girl: Evangelos is Evangelina.